Lunchtime Inclusion Assistant - Millfield Primary School
Required from 1st October 2018
Lunchtime Inclusion Assistant
Fixed Term Contract (initially for six months until March 31st 2019)
Hours of work: Monday to Friday: 12.15pm – 1.15pm
£17,391 - £18,319 pro rata
The Governing Board of Millfield Primary School is seeking to appoint a lunchtime inclusion assistant to provide support in addressing the needs of pupils who need particular help to overcome barriers during lunch break.
- To receive and supervise pupils who are removed from a normal lunch break;
- Involvement in the implementation of individual behaviour/support/mentoring plans;
- To recognise and diffuse difficult behaviour;
- Develop 1:1 mentoring arrangements with pupils and provide support for distressed pupils.
The successful candidate must:
- Be an enthusiastic and dedicated person who will encourage and engage with pupils during lunchtime.
- Have the patience and understanding to work with young children demonstrating outstanding care and support for pupils.
- Demonstrate willingness to organise games and activities in line with the schools policy and procedures for lunchtime supervision.
- Have the ability to work as part of team, forming positive relationships with adults and pupils.
If you require any further details please contact the head teacher Mr Kelly at school (telephone – 01827 213825). If you are interested in applying for this challenging but extremely rewarding position at our school, please complete an application form and return it to the school office by email (email@example.com) midday on Thursday 30th August. Interviews will take place on Wednesday 19th September.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings cautions and convictions in your application form.