Race Leys Junior School needs an Administration Assistant who has the vision and ambition to deliver unrivalled provision for our students. We are forging our path to great based on proud traditions, wide horizons and high achievement with our sponsor, the Griffin Schools Trust. Race Leys Junior School is a vibrant and exciting place to be with a positive culture and climate that enables staff and students to shine.
A big school needs large minds
Administrative Assistant – September 2018
37 Hours Per Week – Term Time Plus 5 Teacher Training Days
Band E – Points 13-17
£14,828 - £15,920 per annum
If you know that great schools are made of adventurous adults and students with open minds and uncompromising standards, then tell us why Race Leys Junior School is the place for the next step on your career journey.
Education and Experience
• Able to work on their own initiative and have substantial experience of general clerical/administrative work
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft office and SIMS
• Good level of Literacy & Numeracy skills
• Ability to communicate at all levels within school
• To assist the school administrator in office management as required.
• To undertake administration/reception and front of house duties.
• To oversee the provision of first aid/medication within school liasing with parents and staff.
• To ensure that school’s website, Facebook, Twitter account, school app and reception set top box screen are reviewed and updated weekly, in partnership with school leaders and teachers with information from the shared area dropbox.
• To oversee the production and distribution of the weekly newsletter.
• Type up and distribute meeting minutes as required.
• Assembly administration – production of reward certificates, birthday cards, class of the week etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Appropriate knowledge of First Aid
• Effective use of ICT packages; good keyboard skills
• Competent use of relevant administrative equipment/resources e.g. photocopies, fax and scanner
• Knowledge of relevant polices/Codes of Practice
• Ability to relate well to staff of all levels, children and external contacts
• Ability to work constructively as a team, understanding school roles and responsibilities and the post holder’s position with these
• Ability to identify the training needs of yourself and staff that you are responsible for
• To be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school
Additional Information & How to Apply
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The post is subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure
COMMITTED TO EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES
For details about how to apply for this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a visit or email your CV, letter of application and a completed GST application form.
For further information or to arrange a discussion with Tracey Headley – Hub Operations Manager, please email email@example.com.
Completed applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 10 August 2018.
Interviews are scheduled for week commencing 13 August 2018.