Team Manager - Care Management
Are you looking to make a difference in the lives of vulnerable children and families?
Do you have previous experience as Team Manager in Children's Social work and have worked within a similar setting?
If so, we are now recruiting for Team Managers in our Care Management Service Area and are looking for individuals just like you!
We are on the lookout for talented Team Managers to join our service where you will support our social workers to undertake creative methods of intervention to ensure the voice of the child is at the centre of all that we do.
We believe that the growth and development of our staff is essential if we are to deliver outstanding outcomes for the most vulnerable children. You will receive good quality support, continuous professional development, attractive employee benefits and an opportunity for a career pathway in Sandwell, we want you to make a real difference in children’s lives.
What can we offer you?
- Competitive salary £45,651 - £48,568 depending on experience plus market supplement of £2,500*
- Up to £6,500 relocation payment (subject to terms & conditions)
- Full and Part Time positions are available plus flexible working opportunities. We believe that a good work-life balance is key to productivity and ensuring our staff are happy, so we ensure there is the opportunity for working patterns to suit you.
- Sandwell Children’s Trust will make a commitment to your continuous learning and development and dedicate 15 days per year to your professional development and also offer learning placements of up to 6 months to expand your knowledge.
Team Manager Responsibilities
- Leading the provision of care, you’ll be a supervisor, mentor, collaborator and advisor.
- You will be providing the highest level of professional service within care management and be responsible for advice, supervision, decision, support and delegated functions.
- You will provide effective management support and individual supervision and guidance to a team of social work staff
- You will ensure that the allocation of work within the team meets the need of the children and families within Sandwell and be responsible for the recruitment and appointment of social work and other relevant staff in the service area.
- You will initiate and chair interagency meetings and core groups for particular children, monitoring the performance of agreed tasks for all participants.
The ideal Team Manager
- An inspirational leader with excellent management skills and the ability to encourage team working.
- A Qualified Social Worker with significant experience in Children’s Services
- You will require knowledge of the latest policy and guidance around children’s social care and safeguarding
- A strong understanding of financial and resource management.
- Be able to demonstrate excellent organisational skills, a head for complexity, and know how to improve services.
About Sandwell Children’s Trust:
At Sandwell Children’s Trust, our purpose is clear – “improving the lives of children and young people” is at the heart of everything we do. Praised by Ofsted 2 months since the Trust launched for our ‘ambitious improvement plan’ and our ‘renewed energy and determination to improve services for children and families’, at Sandwell Children’s Trust we are well on the way to becoming the region’s employer of choice.
In the Trust we are transforming the way we do things and we want to strengthen our teams to enable us to provide intervention and preventative solutions for the families we work with. We have the freedom to make quick decisions that matter the most, resulting in the best possible outcomes.
We believe in providing the best possible work environment and opportunities for our staff, where together with an inspirational leadership team we strive to serve our purpose of improving the lives of children and young people.
If you are looking for your next challenge as a Team Manager, then we want to hear from you, please click APPLY!
* This supplement will be an additional £2,500 per year paid monthly through normal salary arrangements, to permanent social workers/senior social workers and Team Managers working in Care Management. This market supplement does not apply to ASYEs until they move out of their first year.Supporting documents