Bereavement Technical Officer
Permanent Career Grade Post
Unqualified applicant will start on Grade G £18,672 – £19,819 pa
Applicant possessing the Cremator Operators Certificate will start at Grade F £21,693 - £23,866 pa
Oakley Wood crematorium is a 21 acre site, located in the tranquil natural woodland setting midway between the villages of Bishops Tachbrook and Wellesbourne.
We are looking to recruit a bereavement technical officer for our small and flexible team.
In this post you will be responsible for
• Providing a front line service for bereaved families, members of the public, funeral directors and other service users
• Operation of cremators and ancillary equipment
• Providing front of house bereavement services
• Overseeing scattering of cremated remains and woodland burials
• Improving and maintaining the woodland gardens of remembrance.
The successful applicant will need
• To have experience of providing services of a sensitive nature, with empathy, understanding and equality.
• A willingness to be flexible around hours and duties, including taking part in a weekend rota (alternative days off are given when working weekends)
• To have high levels of interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy and a proven record of working flexibly in a team environment
If you would like to know more about this position please contact, Pam Chilvers, Bereavement Services Development Manager on 651418.
Closing date: 10th August 2018
Interview date: 22nd August 20189