Democratic Services Assistant
Malvern Hills District Council is a small, progressive local authority, situated in one of the Country's most attractive areas, offering excellent conditions of service and a high quality of life.
The Council is a great place to work, with high levels of resident satisfaction and motivated staff who enjoy working with us. Located in South Worcestershire the district boasts a beautiful natural environment, a rich heritage and plenty to do and see. Malvern Hills District is also ranked in the top 20 best rural places to live in the UK.
We pride ourselves on being a progressive organisation who spends our time and energy on what we know matters to our residents and communities – things like creating jobs, keeping the streets clean, helping people feel safe and preventing homelessness.
Our staff are at the heart of what we do, and as a result we are always looking to recruit, develop and retain the very best talent we can find. That's why, as well as a satisfying job, we offer a range of attractive benefits, such as flexible working arrangements, generous holiday entitlements, a pension scheme, plenty of opportunities for personal development, and discounted gym membership. We share a Chief Executive/Managing Director and a joint management team with Wychavon District Council. Whilst they retain their own political structures and distinct identities, the joint management structure allows us to maximise the opportunity to deliver a wide range of good value services to our customers and communities, and operate and develop shared services and partnership arrangements with each other and with other councils.
Democratic Services Assistant
Salary up to £18,672
Full Time, 37 hours per week
Are you a great administrator with excellent attention to detail? Do you thrive in a busy environment and are you motivated to work to deadlines? Do you want to work in a role that makes a difference to your local council?
We are seeking a well motivated team player with excellent organisational and communication skills to join the Democratic Services team in assisting with the co-ordination of a number of committees and panels - including business planning and agenda preparation; the provision of procedural advice and co-ordination of actions arising from meetings.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office applications such as Word and Excel
- GCSE grade A*-C or equivalent in English and Maths
- The ability to attend evening meetings for which an attendance allowance will be paid
- Full driving licence and access to transport
- A willingness to learn and an interest in local government and democracy
The key things we are looking for from you are:
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- The ability to produce accurate work to tight deadlines
- Self-motivation to succeed and the ability to work on own initiative with the minimum of supervision but within a team environment
- Commitment to working in customer focused environment
- Ability to demonstrate the capability and experience of producing accurate work to tight and often conflicting deadlines
- Experience of working with members of the public
- A strong motivation to succeed and build a career
If you would like an informal discussion about this opportunity, please contact Karen Jarman (Senior Democratic Services Officer) on 01684 862273.
Closing Date: Monday 27 August 2018
Interview Date: Tuesday 11 September 2018Supporting documents
Job Description and Person Specification