32.5 Hours per Week
The trust is looking to appoint an inspirational and highly effective member of staff who is committed to supporting Harris Church of England Academy to educational excellence and further developing the distinctive Christian character of educational provision and the school community.
Support for Students
• Establish productive working relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and setting high expectations.
• Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils within the classroom, encourage them to interact and work co-operatively with others and engage all in activities
• Monitor and provide for the care, safety and welfare of pupils
• Support students in small groups and 1:1
• Support homework club
Support to Teaching Staff
• Provide cover supervision when the teacher responsible for the class is absent on short-term absence (which may be planned or unplanned). Cover supervision involves:
• Supervising a whole class to undertake set work/activities and can include introducing and closing the class
• Maintaining good order and managing behaviour constructively
• Promotion of self-control and independence
• Keeping pupils on task as necessary
• Responding appropriately to questions raised by pupils
• Collecting any completed work and returning it to the appropriate teacher
• Dealing with immediate problems and emergencies in accordance with the school’s policies
• Reporting back on progress and behaviour of pupils during the class and any issues arising
Examples of activities:
• Pencil and paper set work, revision, questions or tests
• Practicing spellings or other factual recall activities
• Taking registration while the children under undertake reinforcement activities
• Supervising set work, following introduction and explanation by a teacher, with or without the possibility of the teacher returning later in the lesson
• Supervising group activities such as board games, mathematical games, memory or co-ordination skills games, use of construction materials, practice and/or revision sessions.
• Undertake routine marking of pupils work (e.g. tests, multiple choice questions, spelling)
• Undertake administration tasks as appropriate
• Support SEND students
Please see the attached Job Description for further details.
Qualifications and Training
- Minimum GCSE (or equivalent) English and Maths at grades A-C
- A high qualification in any discipline e.g A level or beyond
Professional Experience and Knowledge
- Competent use of ICT
- Enthusiasm, self motivation
- Use of initiative
- The ability to engage and influence when working with young people
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent classroom management skills
- Be able to develop professional working relationships with all students
- Evidence of a commitment to the protection and safeguarding of young people
- Evidence of the ability to handle difficult situations sensitively
- High level of written communication and interpersonal skills
- Have a flexible approach to work
- Committed to a distinctive Church school ethos based on Christian values.
Additional Information & How to Apply
Harris Church of England Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Please send your completed application and equality forms to email@example.com
Closing Date: 19 August 2018Supporting documents