Deputy Head of School - Ref: TV34518
Ryders Hayes School (A Primary Learning Academy)
Deputy Head of School
Role commences: January 2019
Location: Pelsall, Walsall
Contract type: Full-time
Contract term: 2-year fixed term
Due to the growth of our Teaching School remit, The Governing Body is looking to appoint an experienced,talented and dynamic Deputy Head of School for January 2019 onward, to build our capacity, who will inspire colleagues, pupils and parents; drive teaching and learning; bring fresh ideas and challenge and have a proven track record of whole school improvement with high expectations for themselves; their staff and all our pupils.
We are looking for someone who will:
- share our values
- have proven leadership experience of at least 3 years, with high impact upon teaching and learning.
- be an inspirational leader and role model, with experience of leading teams;
- drive excellent standards of learning and teaching (having taught across the key stages) with SLT;
- model and understand what great teaching looks like
- have the confidence and experience to make a valuable contribution to SLT & whole school strategy
- ensure that all pupils make expected progress towards aspirational targets and grow as responsible citizens with a range of life-skills;
- champion our high standards of pupil behaviour and expectations of good character
- support the development of an inspiring and innovative curriculum, differentiated to meet the needs of all pupils;
- uphold the inclusive principles that are integral to our ethos;
- understand the needs of our varied community and have a wider impact beyond the classroom.
- have excellent emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills and the ability to work in partnership with our staff; a range of professionals, partners, pupils, parents and governors
- be keen and willing to engage in and promote evidence-based research and interventions
- champion positive mental health, well-being and growth mindset for pupils and staff alike and assist with review of workload initiatives for staff.
We can offer you:
- the opportunity to make a difference to our happy and successful school, with the pupil at the heart of every decision.
- a school open to new ideas and challenges; keen to adopt evidence-based research and willing to embrace change for the good of the school and partner schools
- excellent development opportunities as a leader of learning for our pupils; staff, and wider
- professional community to engage as part of our Teaching School Team, working across the Black Country and beyond.
- Extensive PLD opportunities
- additional benefits as an Academy employee
Suitable candidates should register their interest with Head Teacher, Sally Miner before 2nd August, email@example.com to arrange an informal visit for in September: 10am/4pm 4th; 5th; 6th September. Closing date for applications is Friday, 7th Sept. 2018. Interviews Monday 17th September. Application forms available from firstname.lastname@example.org and the school website www.ryders-hayes.co.uk (vacancies).
Ryders Hayes School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.