Young Persons Pathway Assistant
This is a shared service role covering both Wychavon and Malvern Hills District Councils and we pride ourselves on spending time and energy on what we know matters to our residents and local communities. We have a strong reputation for cutting through the red tape and getting things done – especially when it comes to improving services. And we work hard to live up to our strap line good services, good value.
We provide an informal and progressive place to work, offering an innovative approach to providing services. The Councils values play a big part in our service delivery and culture:
- Great customer service
- Fairness and respect
- Openness’ and accountability
- Innovation and improvement
Young Persons Pathway Assistant
Full Time 37 hours per week
£21,074 - £23,111 per annum pro rata
Fixed Term contract until 31 March 2020
Working in Housing can be incredibly rewarding as you can make a real difference to peoples’ lives and in this role particularly to young people’s lives.
In this role you would be expected;
- To work with young people less than 24 years of age to assess their needs, to make enquiries into any applications and to provide assistance to secure suitable accommodation and to ensure relevant support is put in place
- To act as primary point of contact on a day to day basis for all aspects of the Housing Service with a particular focus on the housing needs of young homeless people
- To assist in implementing the Councils duties, responsibilities and policies within the Housing Service including providing the young homeless persons pathway service
- To ensure the effective and efficient delivery of:
- Housing advice provision
- Initial assessment of housing needs and where applicable homelessness enquiries
- Working in partnership with other relevant organisations
- Securing appropriate accommodation options
- Assisting to apply for welfare benefits
- Ensuring appropriate support services are provided to meet needs
- Monitoring of outcomes achieved
- Sound working knowledge of all aspects of housing legislation and guidance.
- Knowledge of legislation and responsibilities in relation to children’s social care and other relevant bodies
- Strong customer focus – advising and assisting all customers on relatively complex aspects with some focus on partnership working. Particular experience of customer service provided to young homeless people under the age of 24 years including those who are 16/17 years old
- Good computer skills with a sound working knowledge with the ability to use systems to find creative solutions
- Able to encourage close working of the team and able to be tactful and diplomatic in all situations
- Good educational background with a good level of numeracy and literacy skills.
- Being able to communicate in writing to customers seeking guidance where appropriate.
- Planning and prioritising own workload to meet deadlines. Occasional referral to/seeking support and direction from Principal Housing Officers
- Applicants must hold a full UK driving licence with access to there own car to travel the district and able to work and travel around the Malvern Hills area.
- Previous experience in Housing or similar related field. Experience of working with young homeless people including those who are 16/17 years old would be desirable.
- Housing qualification or similar related field would be advantageous
For further information about the role, please contact;
Gay Lloyd, Principal Housing Officer Tel:01386 565292 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 13th August 2018
Interviews: 20th August 2018Supporting documents
Job Description and Person Specification