Job Title: Onsite Technician
Salary: £16k is the FTE salary, actual is approx. £14,100.
Contract Type: Term Time
Link2ICT has over 150 staff providing services to over 1,000 schools across the country, including all aspects of technical services, professional services and software development. Link2ICT occupies a niche in the ICT market, specialising in the deployment and usage of end-to-end ICT solutions within educational environments, covering learners of all ages from nursery through to adult education. Our aspiration is to use ICT to improve the achievement of all learners.
This position is responsible for providing support for a number of schools’ ICT systems by visiting them on a rota basis. The job holder is required to deliver this service to a quality in accordance with agreed service standards and to liaise with other ICT teams and external organisations.
The role will include technical support for admin and curriculum networks, as well as some hardware, network infrastructure andaudio visual equipment support. The role is mainly based on site within schools and will require the post holder to manage their time proactively.
- Help to promote Link2ICT services to increase the customer base and income levels.
- Ensure the provision of high quality technical advice and support services for all schools
- Achieve targets relating to the quality of services delivered to schools.
- Keep abreast of developments in Information, Communication and Audio Visual Technologies particularly looking for innovative and efficient ways to improve services and develop systems used in the school environment.
- Mentor other staff and ensure they are appropriately trained to enable them to meet our service requirements.
- Ensure you work collectively with the team to deliver business plan targets.
- Is open and honest and involves the team in decision making.
- Has the ability to influence across all levels using a variety of styles that match the need
- To resolve problems relating to networks, PC hardware and software in schools by telephone, remote support or site visit.
- Maintain an awareness of the services and technological developments and advise customers (and or partners) accordingly.
- Ensure effective communication with schools.
- Deliver training as required to a wide range of ability levels.
- Ensure appropriate communication with customers and users where there are problems with, or changes to the delivery of their ICT services.
- Complete day to day tasks within specified time as well as prioritising own workload within schools.
- Plan and manage the service’s workload to ensure the most responsive and efficient use of the available resources.
- Assist with the process of analysing the training needs for staff in schools.
- To contribute to projects and ICT developments and achieve targets set for the implementation of those projects.
- Such other duties as may arise in connection with the activities mentioned above.
- Proven experience in a related role
- Working knowledge of Windows Server and desktop operating systems
- Proven ability to successfully motivate self and others
- Committed to customer focused service delivery
- Clear written and oral communication skills for any audience
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Committed to working flexibility to cover the duties of the service
- Ability to build successful customer and supplier relationships
- Professional approach with a positive attitude to delivering high quality work
- Good knowledge and installation experience of Microsoft Server operating systems
- Awareness of relevant legislation, statutory obligations and national ICT Strategies relating to educational establishments