Fixed Term Contract until 31.03.2019
SENDIASS provide high quality information, advice and support to children and young people in Birmingham with SEND aged 0-25 years and their parents and carers in line with the Code of Practice and national standards.
- Information regarding the local offer, local policy and SEN/ disability law from independently trained staff
- Advice for parent/carers, children and young people on gathering, understanding and interpreting information and applying it to their own situation
- Signposting children, young people and parents to alternative and additional sources of local and national information, advice and support
- Individual casework and representation where needed including support in attending meetings, contributing to assessments and reviews and participating in decisions about outcomes for the child or young person.
- Support for parents and young people in managing mediation and appeals to the SEND Tribunal
To provide accurate and impartial information and advice to children, young people and their families and carers on matters relating to all aspects of SEND. This may be face to face, email or telephone.
For any informal enquiries please contact Nasreen Hussain on 07468 904326 or email Nasreen.Hussain@birmingham.gov.uk
A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be undertaken
“Right to work in the UK documentation will be fully checked for all applicants. All non UK and non EU applicants are required to apply for a Certificate of Sponsorship from Birmingham City Council and must be approved by the UK Border Agency (UKBA) before any employment offer can be confirmed.”
Job Description and Person Specification