This is an exciting and varied role requiring a mix of people and organisational skills.
To work with children, young people, parents and carers to develop their participation in the services they access.
To work with elected members, staff and partners on participation issues
To help organise events and activities for children, young people, parents and carers
• Proven experience working with children and young people or equivalent experience in a related area such as education, youth work, health and social work.
• It is recommended that you have a relevant qualification in working with children at NVQ level 2 or above or evidence of equivalent experience in a professional environment.
• This post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1074. A Disclosure and Barring Service check will be required prior to appointment
• An understanding of the challenges facing children, young people, parents and carers (including Looked after Children)
• Very good verbal and written communication skills, including proficient IT skills.
• Experience of supporting the planning, running and evaluation of activities and events put on by the Participation Team
The Participation Team actively supports the involvement of children, young people, parents, carers and professionals in the design, delivery and evaluation of services they access. The teams key role is to ensure children, young people, parents and carers have a say in the decisions that impact upongn their lives.
This activity takes a number of formats including involvement in the commissioning of services, recruitment and selection of staff, the running of groups such as the Coventry Youth Council, consultation exercises and focus groups. The team also put on a number of events throughout the year which bring together key stakeholders.
The work of the team is vital and if you are interested in making a difference in the lives of children, young people and their families then it is the place for you.
9-5pm Monday to Friday with some evening and weekend work. This post will be based in Broadgate House.
Friday 14th September 2018
Coventry City Council is committed to delivering the best possible services and improving the quality of life for Coventry people. In order to do this effectively we aim to have a workforce that represents the diverse community we serve, embracing and utilising the broad range of skills, experiences and perspectives this brings.
We are committed to making our recruitment practices as inclusive as possible for all. This includes making adjustments or changes for people who have a disability or long-term health condition.
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
This Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is covered by the Code of Practice on the English language fluency for public sector workers
Please note we will communicate any interview arrangements with you via email, so please check your email (including Spam/Junk) and WMJobs account on a regular basis after submitting your application.
This vacancy and advert will be closed as soon as sufficient applications are received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible.
Job Description and Person Specification