Service Desk Analyst
Service Desk Analyst
Link2ICT has over 150 staff providing services to over 1,000 schools across the country, including all aspects of technical services, professional services and software development. Link2ICT occupies a niche in the ICT market, specialising in the deployment and usage of end to end ICT solutions within educational environments, covering learners of all ages from nursery through to adult education. Our aspiration is to use ICT to improve the achievement of all learners.
The Service Desk Analyst role will support the day to day operations of the Link2ICT Service Desk to ensure that SLA is achieved and that the customer service is of a high standard. Good communication skills, self-motivation and a flexible approach to tasks are required along with the ability to work well under pressure
Key Responsibilities and Service Level Duties
- Receive requests for assistance from users in a pleasant and professional manner, communicating effectively and applying customer care principles.
- Maintain accurate log entries of requests with fault details and contact information.
- Search documentation and previous requests for assistance on related topics to establish possible solutions to calls.
- To document any findings on the call incident log.
- To keep customers informed on the progress of their call.
- Provide information to enable customers to solve their problems and maintain accurate log entries of the resolution details.
- Escalate incidents and requests in accordance with agreed procedures.
- To promptly allocate unresolved calls as appropriate.
- To be responsible for the day-to-day support for the business area.
- To have knowledge of and give support for a range of procedures.
- To maintain and apply specialist knowledge and techniques that is relevant and current.
- To communicate effectively using agreed communication systems.
- To plan work to ensure the meeting of defined objectives.
- To contribute to assisting in the production of standards and procedures including the identification of any service improvements.
- Contribute to keeping the knowledge base relevant and up to date, including identifying any gaps in the knowledge base, and liaising with the relevant colleague to provide information for the article to be produced.
- Identify and maintain quick call templates, ensuring that the correct information is captured at the point of first contact by the customer.
- To contribute to information sharing within the team, developing a supportive relationship with team members; through team briefings, meetings, training, presentations, marketing events, etc.
- To maintain an up-to-date knowledge of appropriate information systems, operating systems/applications, technical issues and standards/procedures.
- To have a positive attitude to work, using own initiative.
- To maintain and use systems to enable personal effectiveness of service delivery.
- To operate in accordance to standards and procedures within the service area.
- To support the implementation of IT security standards.
- To be responsive to the changing needs of the Service.
- To carry out other duties and responsibilities appropriate for grade as required and determined by appropriate Supervisor / Manager
- Experience of working on an IT Service Desk using an automatic call distribution system.
- Experience of diagnosing and resolving IT related incidents/faults on Local Area Network, hardware and software issues.
- Strong technical knowledge and the ability to adapt to new technologies.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Able to manage time effectively, prioritise and complete work to agreed deadlines.
- Ability to analyse problems and provide solutions.
- Demonstrate good written communication skills and able to write clear and concise communications. The ability to document standards and procedures, paying attention to detail
- Good verbal communication to explain solutions/technical issues to customers in a clear, concise and effective manner.
- Ability to work under pressure and take charge/ control in the situation
- Ability to work flexibly and as part of a team to meet the team objectives – a good team player.
- Understanding of ISO20000 principles
- Good knowledge and installation experience of Microsoft Server operating systems
- Awareness of relevant legislation, statutory obligations and national ICT Strategies relating to educational establishments