Finance Assistant - ref: EX05318
The Mercian Trust is a multi academy trust, which has recently formed. The trust will comprises five secondary schools based in Walsall: Aldridge School, Queen Mary's Grammar School, Queen Mary's High School, Shire Oak Academy and Walsall Studio School. Plans are in place to grow the number of schools in the trust within the next few years.
A vacancy has arisen for a Finance Assistant supporting the multi academy trust bringing in house financial transactional work. The role will involve travelling between schools, but with specific duties for Walsall Studio School (although based at one of the other schools). The role will report to one of the Trust’s Finance Managers and will include responsibility for assisting in the preparation for audit.
The role encompasses a number of aspects of school finance and involves dealing with members of the school community, including staff, parents and pupils.
- 37 hours per week, based on a full time contract, with annual leave to be taken during school holidays – holidays negotiable
- Full time equivalent salary c. £21,000 depending on experience
The main responsibilities are:
- Financial transaction management. This involves the recording of income and expenditure transactions with specific responsibility for Walsall Studio School
- Dealing with suppliers for required purchases, checking invoices and raising payments.
- Raising purchase orders and sending to suppliers
- Raising invoices for lettings and following up queries as required
- Monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts to include Bank accounts and Ledgers.
- Preparation of spending analysis through spreadsheets.
- Collating, reviewing and recording staff expenses.
- Working with the Finance Manager to prepare audit schedules and analysis thereo
- Assisting the finance team with other finance work to provide accurate and timely financial information in accordance with trust deadlines.
Key benefits of this post include:
- The opportunity to work in an exciting sector and within a growing multi academy trust
- A variety of financial experience and opportunities
- A competitive salary package, with negotiable and flexible hours
- A defined benefit (salary based) Local Government Pension Scheme
- Working closely with a professional and friendly finance team
Deadline for Applications: 9am on Monday 13th August 2017.
Applications to emailed to Carol Wood at email@example.com
Interviews will be held w/c 13th August or 20th August 2018. The successful applicant is expected to be appointed in September 2018.
Any queries should also be emailed to Carol.
All applications must include a completed application form and must have a covering letterSupporting documents