Consultant in Public Health - Insight & Communities
Coventry is a city that is changing fast. We are a city that is going places - with an inspiring, world-famous history and exciting times ahead. We are UK City of Culture 2021; home to award-winning universities, top level sport and famous brands such as Jaguar Land Rover and Severn Trent. We are a part of the ‘Midlands-Engine’, the home of the UK motor industry and a proud multicultural city. Major developments are taking shape around the city, including a new-look shopping centre, a water park, new business quarter, restaurants and a modernised railway station. More and more firms and families are relocating to our city as they see what we have to offer. Coventry is a great place to live and work, and it’s getting even better!
Coventry City Council is seeking an outstanding Consultant in Public Health to join our dynamic team and to lead the authority’s Insight function and drive Public Health priorities through our work with our diverse communities.
If successful, you will be accountable for the Council’s corporate insight, analysis and engagement function, developing robust research and intelligence to support the Council’s evidence based decision making. You will also take the Public Health lead on the Council’s work with communities and community assets, including the built environment, cultural strategy and the UK City of Culture 2021.
We’re looking for someone who has experience of:
- Translating national public health policy into local action, by developing clear, targeted and long term strategies to improve health and reduce health inequalities.
- Working across internal organisational structures and city wide partners including health, social care, education, housing, planning, transport and infrastructure to shape services and improve the impact on the health of the population.
- Working in complex political and social environments, including successful working with local authority elected members.
- Using data, research and intelligence to understand complex circumstances, design solutions and drive activity.
In return, we can offer you an excellent pension scheme, childcare vouchers, 'MyCar' scheme, interest-free loans on annual travel cards, discounts at a number of city centre restaurants, shops and other establishments.
For an informal chat about the role please contact Aimee, PA of Liz Gaulton, Director of Public Health and Wellbeing at Aimee.Tutchener@coventry.gov.uk
Health & Well Being Strategy
Please apply with your CV and a covering letter which supports your application and answers the following questions:
1. Can you provide an example of when you have had to think strategically in improving outcomes for local communities?
2. Describe your leadership role in building and developing relationships with a key partner(s) and explain the benefits that have arisen from this relationship.
37 hours per week
28th September 2018
Coventry City Council is committed to delivering the best possible services and improving the quality of life for Coventry people. In order to do this effectively we aim to have a workforce that represents the diverse communities we serve, embracing and utilising the broad range of skills, experiences and perspectives this brings.
We are committed to making our recruitment practices as inclusive as possible for all. This includes making adjustments or changes for people who have a disability or long-term health condition
This Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is covered by the Code of Practice on the English language fluency for public sector workers.
Please note we will communicate any interview arrangements with you via email, so please check your email and WMJobs account on a regular basis after submitting your application.
This vacancy and advert will be closed as soon as sufficient applications are received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible.
Job Description and Person Specification.pdf