Housing OT Assistant
We are looking to appoint 3 full-time Housing Occupational Therapy Assistants to support the development of our service and require new team members who are keen to be involved in providing innovative housing services to people in the Dudley borough.
Hours: 37 hours per week
This is an exciting opportunity, to suit applicants who have a background in assessing housing , health or disability needs who are interested in utilising their skills within a supportive housing team and providing first class customer service.
The ideal candidates will have excellent knowledge of housing options and support services, to enable joint working with housing teams in the assessment and delivery of adaptations and/or re-housing solutions
Main duties include:
• To provide a professional front line customer response service, handling telephone calls and written communication from customers and their representatives with confidence and sensitivity, communicating effectively at all levels, using own initiative to resolve queries that are presented.
• To seek to resolve disability needs with equipment, support and referral to alternative services where this is appropriate
• To make recommendations as to the level of medical priority for re-housing based on an assessment of need relating to the applicants current property and taking account of other housing options or services that may be appropriate
• Must be educated to 'A' level standard or equivalent
• Be able to demonstrate a high level of relevant IT skills including Microsoft Office and specialist databases
For further information or an informal discussion please contact Cheryl Coe, Housing OT Team Manager on 01384 814284 or e-mail email@example.com
NB. We reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the advertised closing date should a large number of applications be received
Online application forms will only be accepted for this vacancy, online facilities for jobs are available at public libraries within the Dudley Borough.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk If you are experiencing a problem whilst applying for a position, please follow the link below to the WM Jobs Help Page in the first instance; https://www.wmjobs.co.uk/staticpages/20563/help/
If the WM Jobs Help Page does not resolve your issue then please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk
The Council will check the information that you have provided against any details already held for accuracy and completeness. The Council will check, share and cross match your information both internally within the council and with external organisations to protect public funds and prevent or detect crime, only where the law allows us to do so. The Council’s full Privacy and Disclaimer Statement can be accessed on the website at http://www.dudley.gov.uk/Supporting documents