Regional Janitor - ref: EX05418
Initially based: Mansfield Green E-ACT Primary Academy
Salary: NJC SCP 13-15 (£17,391-17,972 full time equivalent)
22.5 hours per week (1.30pm-6.00pm)
Required as soon as possible
E-ACT are seeking a reliable and trustworthy individual to join the regional team based at Mansfield Green E-ACT Primary School. We are looking to appoint as soon as possible, a Janitor to be responsible for basic operational support for the Site Manager, with particular responsibility for the cleaning of the academy site and buildings.
Duties will include:
- Supervising the cleaning staff as well as undertaking cleaning duties as and when required
- Ensuring the Academy site is fully secured and locked at the end of every day
- Performing all porterage duties according to the needs of the Academy, as determined by your immediate supervisors, as required. This will include receiving and distributing cleaning materials, equipment and other relevant goods.
- Attending to visitors, contractors – including taking telephone calls and other messages
- Collecting and disposing of all rubbish to appropriate containers or incinerators
- Moving furniture and equipment for the Academy and community activities
- Responsible for safe and correct storage, maintenance, issue, use of materials, chemicals and machines.
We are seeking someone who:
- Has experience working in a relevant senior cleaner/Janitor role in a school or similar environment
- Knowledge of relevant policies/codes of practice/legislation.
For an application pack please visit:
Completed applications should be sent to walsallhrregional@E-ACT.org.uk
Closing Date: Monday 13th August 2018 – 4:00pm
Interviews will be held on Friday 17th August 2018
E-ACT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and young people so expect all staff and volunteers, as well as those who work on the premises, to share this commitment. As part of our safeguarding commitment, appointment to any post is subject to receipt of satisfactory references, medical clearance and a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Certificate as well as evidence of the right to live and work in the United Kingdom.