System Technician - Bank Reconciliation
3 days left
Malvern Hills District Council is a small, progressive local authority, situated in one of the Country's most attractive areas, offering excellent opportunities to grow and develop along with competitive benefits.
We are continually looking for ways to improve and develop our services, and we currently have a number of shared service arrangements with other district councils in the local areas. The Finance Shared Services team currently provide services to Malvern Hills District Council, Gloucester City Council and Worcester City Council.
Systems Technician – Bank Reconciliation
£18,672 - £20,541 (pro-rata) 25 hours per week
Fixed Term Contract up to 12 months (Maternity Cover)
We are looking to recruit an experienced finance assistant to work in the financial systems team based in Malvern as part of the Malvern Hills District Council, Gloucester City Council and Worcester City Council Finance shared service. The role has responsibility for daily income management primarily for Malvern Hills District and Worcester City Councils and provides support to designated business units of all councils and other shared service organisations.
This position is a maternity cover for the current post holder and is offered on a fixed term contract basis up to 12 months, or the return of the post holder, whichever is the sooner.
- Good planning and organisation skills with a systematic and thorough approach
- Ability to manage relationships, investigate exceptions, problem solve and make decisions
- Ability to recognise and resolve problems and identify process improvement opportunities within the role.
- Be able to clearly and confidently communicate in verbal and written form, with all levels of the council, shared service partners, customers and residents.
- Experience of undertaking control account reconciliations;
- Experience of processing and allocating large volumes of transactions;
- Experience of working within a finance team;
- Good IT skills including Excel formulas;
- Understanding of bank transaction processing.
If you would like an informal discussion about this opportunity, please contact Helen Radcliffe (Systems Accountant) on 01684 862332.
Closing Date: 19th August 2018
Interview Date: 29th August 2018Supporting documents