Team Manager - Placement Team
As the Team Manager of the Placement Team, you will be in a role that enables you to make a significant difference to the lives of children in care and care leavers in Coventry.
You will manage a team of Placement Officers, who work with Social Workers and Personal Advisors to find the right placement to meet the needs of our diverse and vulnerable children and young people, who are or have been looked after by the council.
When a placement is required for fostering, residential or supported accommodation, the placements officers will be responsible for contacting and liaising with our internal provisions and independent providers to identify a suitable placement match.
You will need to utilise the resources available to you and provide a flexible range of responses, support and services, which are sensitive to the needs of individual children and their families (particularly
those from minority ethnic communities and with special needs), in partnership with other council services, external agencies and service providers
The role can be demanding and challenging and you will need to be able to work to tight timescales and have the resilience to see thing through to ensure the right placement match for every child.
• A Social Work qualification.
• An understanding of the needs of looked after children and care leavers and be able to consider placement choices in line with the child’s care plan or young person’s pathway plan.
• Experience of working across organisational and managerial boundaries to achieve improved outcomes for children, young people and their families.
• To be skilled in managing a team’s workload, including the establishment of initial referral taking, assessment, allocation and workload management systems in line with needs and safeguarding priorities.
• To have experience of managing staff, undertaking supervision and appraisals, supporting professional development, addressing performance issues and adhering to HR policies and procedures.
• The ability to manage change and to support a team and service through change and improvement.
• To work in partnership with our Commissioning and Procurement Teams to ensure contract compliance and ‘best value’.
Benefits of working with Coventry includes:
• Competitive salary and Pension Scheme.
• An extensive Training Programme and investment in your professional development
• A clear career structure
• Family-friendly working environment and a commitment to good work/life balance and childcare vouchers
• Regular Supervision and support
• Excellent management support
• Wider Wallet employee Benefit scheme offering discounts nationally and locally at a number of city centre restaurants, shops and other establishments.
37 hours per week.
There will be some after hours working due to the nature of the job requirements and a duty rota to enable placing children and young people as short notice. An Operational Lead will be available to support during such times.
29th August 2018
Coventry City Council is committed to delivering the best possible services and improving the quality of life for Coventry people. In order to do this effectively we aim to have a workforce that represents the diverse communities we serve, embracing and utilising the broad range of skills, experiences and perspectives this brings.
We are committed to making our recruitment practices as inclusive as possible for all. This includes making adjustments or changes for people who have a disability or long-term health condition
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
This Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is covered by the Code of Practice on the English language fluency for public sector workers
Please note we will communicate any interview arrangements with you via email, so please check your email (including Spam/Junk) and WMJobs account on a regular basis after submitting your application.
This vacancy and advert will be closed as soon as sufficient applications are received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible.
Job Description and Person Specification.pdf