NFCC Membership Manager – Maternity Cover
Professional 2A £35,229 - £37,107
We are looking to recruit an energetic, highly organised individual who is able to influence people by using a mixture of excellent communication skills both verbally and written and with a natural ability to build effective relationships both internally and externally. You should be confident using the telephone and communicating with people face to face and via email.
Your role will include:
- Manage the benefits associated with the different types of membership which is includes the preparation of member briefings.
- Develop and implement strategies and plans to increase engagement.
- Oversee the management of NFCC online forums .
- manage the agreed governance framework: provide advice on the reporting structures, deadlines to be met, manage the NFCC vacancies process and support leads with how to progress work appropriately through the organisation.
- Draft the Annual Delivery plan and coordinate the quarterly update reports.
- Organising and administrating CFOA Trustees, CFOA Annual General Meeting (AGM), National Fire Chiefs Council and NFCC Steering Group meetings which includes preparing for meetings, producing and collating reports, producing agendas, attending meetings and minute taking. You should be able to take accurate minutes and produce grammatically correct, clear, concise reports.
- manage and prepare the scheduled communications from Committees and the committee areas of the NFCC website.
Whilst the position is based at WMFS Headquarters, there is a requirement for you to work at or attend meetings and training at other sites.
Ability to convey complex information to all levels in the form of formal and informal written communications.
Ability to give effective presentations, deliver training and influence people at all levels.
Ability to prioritise competing pressures to meet tight deadlines.
Ability to plan and prioritise work for teams and projects.
Ability to identify relevant and realistic targets and other performance measures.
Ability to lead teams
Ability to motivate others.
Ability to work as part of a team.
Ability to implement and manage change with positive outcomes.
Ability to interpret and apply legislation and regulations.
Ability to interpret and analyse written information.
Ability to deal with problems quickly and effectively and identify solutions.
Ability to identify new ideas and methods that deliver improvement and efficiencies.
We offer a friendly working environment with good terms and conditions including an Occupational Health facility, Occupational Pension Scheme, free parking, gym facilities and childcare vouchers.
If you would like to apply, please go our website (West Midlands Fire Service career page) and complete part 1 and 2 of the application forms by the closing date of 1200 hours 15th August 2018