Part-Time School Receptionist
6 days left
Nishkam Primary School is a Sikh ethos, multi-faith school that nurtures pupils of all faiths and beliefs. The Nishkam ethos is to create a selfless mind-set, to go beyond ourselves to serve others, create supportive communities and to realise our true potential.
The School Receptionist is responsible for delivering a high level of customer service and administrative duties.
Duties & Responsibilities
Reception & General Administration
- Maintain a welcoming environment and arrange hospitality for visitors ensuring that reception area is maintained, and all equipment is appropriately stored
- Responsible for the answering of the main school switchboard
- Ensure face to face enquiries from visitors, parents, staff and pupils are dealt with appropriately
- Contact parents, colleagues, external organisations as appropriate in a polite and courteous manner
- Answer telephone calls in a polite and courteous manner and promptly forward accurate messages to relevant members of staff
- Receive and disseminate post and parcels
- Assist with the mailing and distribution of various documents and communication.
- Manage telephone system (and record required message)
- Word process documents, reports and letters
- Photocopy, laminate, shred and scan documents
- File and record information
- Update school databases
- Supervise the signing in and out of all pupils and visitors
- Undertake minor first aid, as and when required
- Contact parents for non-attendance on first absence that is not authorised
- Monitor lost property and ensure items are returned.
- Responsible for the school e-mail address and ensuring relevant e-mails are forwarded to the correct person, in a timely manner
Support for the School
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
- Be aware of and support difference and ensure all pupils have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop
- Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school
- Appreciate and support the role of other professionals
- Attend relevant meetings as required
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required
- Any other duties appropriate to the role as directed by senior staff
Health & Safety Responsibilities
- Supervise the signing in and out of all staff, students and visitors.
- Undertake minor first aid, as and when required.
- Maintain Health & Safety records.
- Maintain and manage medicines and the first aid room
- Attend accompanied home visits as part of safeguarding as and when required
- Advise and assist parents/carers to maintain regular school attendance of their children
- Communicate clearly to parents/carers the attendance procedures and expectations of the school
- Collect and analyse attendance data to enable identification and tracking of pupil attendance
- Input daily attendance data onto the SIMS management system
- Monitor and track whole school attendance and punctuality and to send out letters where appropriate
- Monitor and ensure that correct attendance codes are entered in class registers and on SIMS
- Receive personal items from pupils/teachers and return items back at the end of the school day.
- Participate in school marketing events, parent evenings and other activities.
- Support with the monthly newsletter, in a timely manner
- Undertake other tasks as may be reasonably required.
- Responsible for communication lunch numbers with the catering team on a daily basis