Emergency Planning & Resilience Officer
The Emergency Planning & Resilience Officer plays a key role in planning for, protecting and maintaining public safety. Assisting with the development and implementation of arrangements for all internal and external members involved in emergency preparedness on behalf of Hereford & Worcester Fire & Rescue Authority. In addition to this, the role will also assist with the development and implementation of all those involved with Risk and Business Continuity preparedness.
Key Requirements & Experience
Applicants must have:
- Degree or recognised relevant professional qualification in Emergency Planning/Civil Protection or recognised relevant professional qualification or relevant experience in the field.
- Relevant experience in the delivery of Fire Service Operations
- Experience of working in, or good working knowledge and awareness of, the Fire Service related to operational and organisational Emergency Planning issues, processes and procedures within a local government setting.
- Be able to support all aspects of Business Continuity with the Fire Service and demonstrate an understanding of the organisational and operational needs of a Fire and Rescue Service.
- An understanding of Policy, Planning and Project Management.
- A thorough understanding and knowledge of legislation affecting Risk, Emergency Planning and Business Continuity, as well as the legislation that governs a Fire and Rescue Service.
The applicant must be able to demonstrate:
- A high degree of political sensitivity and be able to work with, advise and guide Senior Officers and Members of the Fire & Rescue Authority.
- The ability to interpret operational priorities within and Emergency Planning and Business Continuity environment.
- The ability to communicate orally both clearly and concisely, with a range of people at all levels, both within and outside of the Fire & Rescue Authority, including presenting complex reports.
- The ability to communicate effectively in writing in a clear, concise manner, including the analysis and interpretation of data drawn from various sources and service areas.
Every day we're helping to save lives and keep the community safe - and not only by fighting fires. Behind the scenes at Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service, there are lots of other roles that people don't see, helping to provide vital functions to keep us an efficient and effective Fire and Rescue Service.
Reasons to Join Us
- 28 days annual leave entitlement increasing to 33 days after five years’ continuous service (plus bank holidays).
- Access to a local government pension scheme.
- Flexi-time scheme allowing you to have an element of flexibility over your working hours.
- Free car parking
As this post is based at Hindlip Park, West Mercia Police Headquarters, the successful applicant will be subject to security clearance vetting, NPPV level 2.
A full job description and person specification can be found in the below attachments. The salary scale for this post is SO2 (£29,055 - £30,756 per annum).
Closing date is midnight on Sunday 26th August 2018. Interviews to be held w/c 17th September 2018.Supporting documents