Infrastructure Analyst - Reprographics
37.0 Hours per Week
You will work as part of a team of four responsible for supporting the Data Centre and infrastructure teams, operating to agreed schedules and procedures and supporting the Council’s Solprint requirements.
- Be responsible for start and end day procedures relating to ICT areas.
- Produce printing requests and communicate with customers to arrange their completion.
- Load and unload backup media and systems and check they have been successful.
- Monitor access to the Data Centre room and ensure environmental conditions are maintained.
- Complete a number of checks and schedules on Council servers and infrastructure.
You will have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of working within an IT environment
- Proven experience and working knowledge of Microsoft packages including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to follow guidelines / procedures of work with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information.
You will be enthusiastic and positive whilst having a flexible approach to your work.
In return, we can offer a varied role with excellent training and support, including the opportunity to become a qualified Data Centre Technician.
You will be able to work an alternating shift pattern of days / evenings, working one Saturday in four plus emergency call out.
Please contact Tony Daly for an informal discussion on 0121 704 6293.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
Interview Date: w/c 10th September 2018.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.Supporting documents
Job Description & Person Specification