Multi Media Designer
About the role:
As a Multimedia Designer you will be primarily be responsible for designing, creating, editing and outputting all PR and Social Media Content, incorporating recorded raw material into a finished product that’s suitable for broadcasting on multiple platforms. You will also be required to maintain a library of work, including archiving and managing stock footage. You will be responsible for managing and maintaining all hard hardware in relation to this role, including cameras and associated equipment.
- Responsible for script writing/storyboard creation/developing ideas and briefs
- Pre-Production/ planning/scheduling
- Film/direct/produce and edit video/multi-media products
- Create 2D motion graphics
- Design and edit sound to support video content
- Subtitle content appropriately
- Manage and archive file storage
- Output for external broadcast outlets including YouTube/Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/Snapchat/Press and broadcast channels
- Output for internal broadcast via intranet and in house TV screens
- Managing our internal TV system, planning schedules, uploading and rotation of content, publishing and converting content to correct formats. Problem solving issues with screens alongside input from IT technicians
- Providing technical support to colleagues with recording and editing equipment
- Using third-party footage/CCTV/still images as part of the process outlined above
- Work with colleagues and stakeholders to arrange filming times and locations across the West Midlands area
- Managing and prioritising a busy workload, often against challenging deadlines
- Providing accurate timing estimates on work
Skills and experience required for this role:
- Highly skilled and knowledgeable in Adobe Premier Pro
- Experience of using Adobe After Effects
- Proficient use of Adobe Photoshop and associated applications
- A portfolio that demonstrates experience and skills
- A flair for visual communication and a strong eye for design, image and video
- Excellent inter-personal skills, with the ability to communicate and inspire confidence in staff
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to manage multiple work streams to strict deadlines
- Strong team-working skills
- Confident in working independently and self-directed
- A full understanding of the creative, video and digital processes
- Experience of producing content for different social media platforms
- Knowledge of the latest trends on social media. E.g. Boomerang/Insta Stories/FB Live etc.
- Strong understanding of how to deliver news on social media via video
- Excellent understanding of how to create video content to support internal communications
- A full UK driving licence
Any of the following skills would be preferable:
- Experience of ‘Exterity’ TV screen software
- Being aware of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to accessibility, usability and emerging technologies, keep team members informed as appropriate with a view to incorporating them in future projects and staying ahead of the marketing position yourself and the company as a digital specialist.
- Constantly seeking to develop yourself by learning new technologies and keeping abreast of the markets development.
- May be required on occasions to work outside normal working hours, according to operational requirements.