Legal Assistant Grade 3
At Birmingham City Council we are always looking for people of the highest calibre whose knowledge, skills and experience will help us provide the best possible service. We are working to support a hugely diverse city with a wide range of services in order to make a positive difference every day to people's lives. Working within one of the largest legal teams in local government.
We are seeking an enthusiastic individual who can be part of a team providing support to the School Appeals Team to undertake duties which will include clerking School Appeals and any other administrative tasks required to complete this role.
The successful candidate will have a flexible approach to ensure the Teams duties are covered when required. This role is to undertake a statutory duty of delivering School Appeals to appellants in the City of Birmingham amongst other duties.
The successful candidate must be able to have an understanding of legal processes and procedures, and in particular School Appeals Legislation. Must also have the following skills;
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills.
- An ability to convey information clearly and concisely in writing and face to face.
- Demonstrate an ability to deal with confrontational circumstances both in person and by telephone.
- An ability to work as a member of a team and to organise own workload.
- Demonstrate an ability to work to tight timescales in a pressurised environment.
- Knowledge of the School Appeals Legislation and Codes of Practice.
The successful candidate will require knowledge of the School Appeals Legislation and Codes of Practice. To have a flexible approach to work. Have excellent written and communication skills and able to work to tight timescales. Able to work independently as well as part of the Team. Willing to undertake training.
Right to work in the UK documentation will be fully checked for all applicants. All non UK and non EU applicants are required to apply for a Certificate of Sponsorship from Birmingham City Council and must be approved by the UK Border Agency (UKBA) before any employment offer can be confirmed.Supporting documents