NABIS Performance Analyst
6 days left
About the role:
A unique opportunity has arisen to join NABIS as a Performance Analyst on a permanent basis in Birmingham. Within this role you will provide the performance analyst function for NABIS; identifying, researching and analysing known and emerging performance and organisational threats, issues and trends.
The ideal candidate will be able to deliver a creative and innovative approach to understanding and communicating performance issues to and on behalf of our partner law enforcement agencies in the UK. You will develop the data collection strategies for NABIS to deliver the analytical products to support senior decision makers. You will develop frameworks using structured analytical techniques and carry out projects, reviews, assessments and evaluations to help interpret operational performance using Statistical Process Control (SPC) methodology.
You will report to senior decision making forums via written and verbal reports using information from a variety of sources, to deliver data and statistics on behalf of NABIS in a timely and accurate manner. You will be required to conduct research, including questionnaire design and the analysis and interpretation of responses and actively participate in briefings, meetings, seminars and workshops, to gather present and exchange performance related information with partner agencies.
You will be expected to be an active team member and support the Heads of Departments in all aspects of performance management. You will work without direct supervision using your own initiative and experience.
You will have a pivotal role in delivering the NABIS performance function to support work targeting the Criminal Use of Firearms.
To find out more about this role, and other NABIS vacancies, NABIS are hosting a Recruitment Open Day between 12:00 and 20:00 on the 14th of August ’18 in Birmingham City Centre. For full details on this event please visit Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/nabis-recruitment-open-day-tickets-48448235978'
The National Ballistics Intelligence Service (NABIS) provides fast time intelligence linked to the criminal use of firearms. NABIS is tasked with linking firearms incidents across the UK to help develop a national understanding of the use, supply, importation and manufacture of illegal firearms. NABIS forms part of UK policing as part of the NPCC’s portfolio, and works closely with the National Crime Agency, UK Border Force and Government Departments.
You will be able to demonstrate that you can effectively meet conflicting demanding deadlines and performance targets whilst remaining flexible and responsive to changing operational circumstances. You will also have good planning and organisation skills, as well as effective written and verbal communication skills and advanced IT skills.
You will also:
- Have achieved a minimum of grade C in Maths and English at GCSE (or equivalent)
- Have working knowledge of research and statistical techniques including demonstrable ability to undertake research, determine the most appropriate methodology, formulate and test hypothesis
- Have experience of working within performance management, research or statistics
- Be able to demonstrate your ability to research, collate, analyse and interpret data from a wide range of sources
- Possess significant skills in MS Office, data mining tools and computer based information and analysis systems
- Be able to demonstrate your ability to work methodically and logically
It is desirable, but not essential, that you have:
- a degree in research / statistical discipline or relevant subject (or equivalent)
- knowledge of performance management theory and techniques
- previous experience / knowledge of UK policing
The post holder will be expected to regularly travel across the UK therefore you must hold a valid Driving Licence.
Due to the nature of the role you will be required to undertake / currently hold Security check (SC) level vetting.
NABIS is a diverse organisation where you can develop your skills, knowledge and career in an encouraging and flexible environment. We're able to offer you a comprehensive range of rewards and benefits including:
- 28 days annual leave (plus bank holidays); increasing to 33 days after five years’ service
- access to a Corporate Health Cash Plan and wellbeing website
- the opportunity to save on travel costs through a Corporate Travel Scheme
- the option to join a generous Local Government pension scheme
NABIS fully supports and is proud to be committed to the principles of Diversity and Inclusion to maximise the potential of people from all backgrounds through a culture of fairness and inclusion to deliver the best service for our communities.
Interviews for this post are likely to take place mid-September 2018.
If you would like to find out more about NABIS or the role of Performance Analyst please contact NABIS via NABIS.Support@west-midlands.pnn.police.uk