Building Services Supervisor/Manager (Caretaker)
SS John & Monica Catholic Primary School, Chantry Road, Moseley, Birmingham, B13 8DW
Tel: 0121 464 5868, Fax: 0121 464 5046, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Twitter: @SSJohnMonicas @2014Erasmus
Head Teacher: M. Elliott (B.Ed. Hons, NPQH)
Full time, permanent 36.5 hours per week, residential (pending successful probationary period)
Start Date: As soon as possible.
Governors of SS John and Monica School are seeking to appoint a caretaker. This position is open to all suitable applicants. A Grade 3 salary will be available for candidates with appropriate experience.
SS John and Monica is a one form entry Catholic primary school in the popular area of Moseley.
We are seeking an individual who:
- is self-motivated and able to work under pressure, using their initiative well
- is able to organise their own schedules and take a pride in their work
- is able to identify and prioritise their work effectively and independently and take constructive feedback on their work
- is friendly and approachable and able to work with others
- has good basic DIY and repair skills
Basic duties will include:
- setting alarms and being the main key holder
- janitorial and cleaning work
- some grounds maintenance work
- health and safety of the school site and its users
- opening and closing the school buildings
- site security
Experience in caretaking will be an advantage. Holidays must be taken during school breaks and in consultation with the Head Teacher.
Closing Date: Friday 14 September 2018
Application documents are available on the school website: www.stjonmon.bham.sch.uk or by post from the school office
We strongly advise you to make an informal visit to the school. Please telephone the school office to arrange.
Interview Date: To be confirmed.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and all qualifications will be verified. The successful candidate will be expected to sign the CES contract.