Housing Improvement Officer
• Processing Disabled Facilities Grants for eligible clients of the service by completing application forms, carrying out means tests and surveys
• Preparing plans and schedules of work for approval by occupational therapists and service users (and planning and building control, where applicable)
• Costing estimates, including setting fixed prices on smaller jobs, and meet with contractors and clients to arrange start dates
• Monitoring cases ensuring clients are kept up to date throughout the process and inspect works upon completion
• A working knowledge of building construction (HNC/HND or equivalent in building construction or have two years’ relevant experience) with an understanding of housing issues & legislation relating to common types of domestic dwellings, their defects and remedial works
• A knowledge of windows-based software
• To be able to draw plans (by hand or AutoCAD)
• And have good written & verbal communication skills, together with numeracy and analytical skills
We are part of Enablement and Therapy Services where we work alongside Occupational Therapists (OT’s) to help disabled people to continue to live independently in their own homes. By interpreting the recommendations of the OT’s, we design schemes that will meet clients’ needs in the most economical way.
37 hours per week
17th September 2018
In return, we can offer you an excellent pension scheme, childcare vouchers, 'MyCar' scheme, interest-free loans on annual travel cards, discounts at a number of city centre restaurants, shops and other establishments.
Coventry City Council is committed to delivering the best possible services and improving the quality of life for Coventry people. In order to do this effectively we aim to have a workforce that represents the diverse communities we serve, embracing and utilising the broad range of skills, experiences and perspectives this brings.
We are committed to making our recruitment practices as inclusive as possible for all. This includes making adjustments or changes for people who have a disability or long-term health condition
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
This Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is covered by the Code of Practice on the English language fluency for public sector workers
Please note we will communicate any interview arrangements with you via email, so please check your email (including Spam/Junk) and WMJobs account on a regular basis after submitting your application.
Job Description and Person Specification.pdf