Dates: Job Start: September 2019
Salary: Group 3 ISR L18 - L24 Starting salary will be in the
range of £59,857 - £68,643 (pay award pending)
Contract type: Full Time
Contract Term: Permanent
NOR: 266 to expand to 480
Job Ref: LEE06019
WILL YOU BE STOWLAWN’S NEXT INSPIRATIONAL HEADTEACHER?
In preparation for the retirement of our respected and long serving Headteacher, the Governing Board is seeking to appoint a leader with the vision and energy to build on our successes and achievements and to further develop our expanding school. You will be passionately committed to ensure that Stowlawn Primary provides the best possible education for our pupils.
The school forms part of ‘The Willows’ Campus which provides a state of the art co-located school facility for Stowlawn Primary and for Green Park Special School.
It is an exciting time for us as we are in the process of expanding the school’s provision to a 2 form entry school over the coming academic years.
You will be committed to our ethos of ‘care and community, with everyone working together to enhance the achievement of our children’.
WE WILL OFFER THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
- a ‘Good ‘School (Ofsted November 2017) with the ambition to become outstanding
- a unique opportunity to shape a growing school
- an already exceptional school building and grounds and well-resourced classrooms which are bright and stimulating
- a committed Senior Leadership Team with high expectations of themselves, staff and pupils
- a talented team of Teachers and support staff who share the same passion for ensuring that every child achieves their potential at school and beyond
- an effective and experienced Governing Board which provides key support and challenge
- enthusiastic, happy and eager children who love school
- parents who value the support and care their children receive in school
- the opportunity to develop professionally and personally, including maintaining the links with our adjoining Special School
WE WANT A CANDIDATE WHO:
- cares passionately about providing our children with the best possible opportunities in life and learning
- has vision and credibility and who will be an inspirational leader for the whole school community
- has a clear strategic vision coupled with an innovative approach to teaching and learning in order to raise standards
- can develop a trusting and supportive working relationship with staff that fosters their confidence and inspires and challenges them to further achievement
- is able to sustain and further develop the school’s positive relationships with parents and carers and maintain well-established links with other schools
- can work closely with the community and Green Park School to develop and maximise the use of the facilities at ‘The Willows’ for the benefit of the children and local community
- is able to embrace the challenge of an ever-evolving educational landscape whilst developing our inclusive and nurturing ethos within the school
WHY WORK IN WOLVERHAMPTON?
- professional support from Local Authority, Headteacher networks and other providers
- extensive CPD opportunities through a range of providers
- Wolverhampton is situated in the Black Country, an area of rich historical and cultural interest
- the City has many areas of attractive and affordable housing and is within commuting distance of more rural localities
- Wolverhampton offers a range of cultural and leisure options including theatres, art galleries, a racecourse, historic houses, parks, real-ale pubs and restaurants
- there is a thriving local sports scene with football and cricket clubs, martial arts groups, an indoor climbing centre, swimming facilities and gyms
- the City is within easy reach of the beautiful Shropshire and Staffordshire countryside, the many attractions of the city of Birmingham and the popular Merry Hill Shopping Centre
- good transport links, which include a direct train route to London, make Wolverhampton a convenient base for travel both within and beyond the UK
Visits to School are warmly welcomed during week commencing 10 September 2018. Please contact Sue Stack, Office Manager, for an appointment on 01902 556463 or by email: email@example.com
Stowlawn Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. Successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check along with other relevant employment checks. We are an Equal Opportunities employer.
CLOSING DATE WEDNESDAY 19 SEPTEMBER, 2018 AT 12PM
INTERVIEWS THURSDAY 27 SEPTEMBER AND FRIDAY 28 SEPTEMBER, 2018
To apply, please call Sue Jacques, Senior HR Consultant on 01902 203980 for an application pack or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed application forms are returnable to Sue Jacques, Services4Schools Ltd, Midlands Technology Centre, Wolverhampton WV10 6TA