Finance and School Office Administrator - Glebe Academy
Glebe Academy is a single academy trust and achieved academy status in November 2013. We have 240 pupils on role ranging from 3 to 11 years old which includes a full time nursery class.
We are situated in the outer suburb of Fenton in Stoke on Trent and are an academically rigorous school with an emphasis on high achievement for all and a no excuses culture.
We are seeking to appoint a new Finance Assistant and are looking for someone who has some accounting/book keeping experience alongside excellent administrative skills and customer service experience. You will need the ability to learn new systems and willingness to actively seek innovative ways to better ultilise technology to ensure back office system run effectively and efficiently to support the needs of pupils, staff and parents.
Reporting to the Academy Business Leader you will be responsible for a range of financial processing and administrative tasks to support the work of the academy. You will need to have an excellent telephone manner, be very confident in using Microsoft Excel, Word and Publisher and possess good interpersonal written skills and also be very discreet. Training on school specific software will be provided. This position will suit a person who is highly organised, hard-working and committed but also keen to work in a school environment.
- Carry out the day to day financial processes by:
- Processing all purchase ledger transactions, reconciling orders and preparing invoices for approval.
- Preparing invoices for batch payments
- Reviewing financial systems and processes and identifying to the Academy Business Leader ideas for improvements.
- Debt recovery processes.
- Operational management of the EYFS grant allocations and software by liaising with Parents and the Local Authority.
- Operational management of FSM allocations and data entry.
- Reconciliation of transactions that are made through our online payment system for parents.
- Bank reconciliations and financial analysis.
- Provide adhoc office and administrative duties as required.
- We are looking for someone who has some experience in accounts, financial processing, administration and customer service.
Essential skills and qualities are:
- Highly efficient and organised
- Through, with a good attention to detail and accuracy
- Calm and professional
- Confident with handing a range of financial and numerical data
- Ability to deal with sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Initiative and resourceful
- Confident in the use of Excel and financial systems and processing
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Adaptable to change: someone who can deal with a changing organisation
We follow safer recruitment practices and all appointments are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS checks and two professional references.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 26th September, 2018. This post is set to start W/C Monday 5th of November, 2018 or sooner if possible.
Application forms and additional information can be found on our school website: glebeacademy.co.uk