32.5 Hours per Week over 5 days per week Monday to Friday x 1 position
26.0 Hours per Week over 5 days Monday to Friday x 3 positions
We are currently looking for part time Support Workers to provide care and support to those who use our day services, promoting choice, inclusion and independence at all times.
Working across Learning Disability Day Services and Physical Disability Day Services located at Park View, you will also develop activities and deliver a day service which enables people that use our services to make full use of their local community
You will be part of an enthusiastic and motivated staff team, providing emotional, social and personal support to individuals and groups.
This is a rewarding position for individuals who have a positive belief in their own ability to enrich the lives of others.
Applications are welcomed from people who are looking for a challenging and rewarding role where their contribution and effort can make a difference.
You will have:
- Completed or be willing to complete QCF level 2 in Health and Social Care (or equivalent)
- Paid or unpaid experience of working with people with a learning disability OR physical Disability.
- Demonstrable good practice which promotes choice, independence, and self advocacy.
- The ability to adapt and respond to the constantly changing needs of a group of diverse people whilst demonstrating patience and understanding.
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity whilst supporting individuals with their personal care needs.
In return, you will work as part of a small and friendly team, whilst making a difference to the lives of people living in Solihull and you will be supported by a committed team of co-workers, Day Service Co-ordinators and Managers.
We also offer:
- Flexible working, including flexi leave up to 24 days per year and agile working arrangements
- The opportunity to buy up to 10 days additional leave per year
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme – a 24 hour independent, free and confidential advice and support service
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Employee benefits including a staff discount card
Please contact Liz Wilson for an informal discussion on 0121 704 7499.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
Interview Dates - 27/28 September 2018
The Fluency Duty is outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers. The Fluency Duty for this role is Required.
This post requires the following Disclosure and Barring check: DBS Enhanced Adults & Childrens.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Job Description & Person Specification