Administrator - Residential Homes
Do you have experience working within business administration, and are you looking for a challenge?
Join us and be part of Coventry Council’s redesigned Residential Children’s services.
We aim to achieve positive outcomes for vulnerable children, through the delivery of high quality children’s residential care for those aged 10 – 18 years.
The role of administrator involves a level of flexibility as you may be required to offer support to other homes throughout the authority.
We are seeking a competent, enthusiastic person, with excellent communication and organisational skills, who can work with integrity and professionalism. The post holder must demonstrate high levels of inter-personal skills to include sensitivity, diplomacy and assertiveness, particularly when under pressure of deadlines.
To work closely with the Registered Manager and the team to meet the homes’ needs in terms of:-
• Financial budgeting and procedures which include sound numeracy skills to accommodate cash handling, impress monitoring and record keeping.
• General clerical work
• To take Minutes of meetings as required.
To achieve this, you must be able to demonstrate: -
• An ability to work under your own initiative and prioritise workloads
• Be part of a team that understands the needs and challenges of the Young People within our care.
• A knowledge of administrative procedure and systems
• Excellent computer skills including detailed working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Professional and positive approach
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment with attention to detail
• Confidential approach in dealing with personal information
• Ability to embrace change and work with new systems and processes.
If you are ambitious, and highly motivated by the opportunity to contribute to making a real difference to the lives of young people then we have the opportunity for you.
37 hours per week split between 2 homes
8:30 am – 4:30 pm Monday to Friday – this is flexable
Closing Date:- Tuesday 18th September 2018
Interview Date - Tuesday 25th September 2018
Coventry City Council is committed to delivering the best possible services and improving the quality of life for Coventry people. In order to do this effectively we aim to have a workforce that represents the diverse community we serve, embracing and utilising the broad range of skills, experiences and perspectives this brings.
We are committed to making our recruitment practices as inclusive as possible for all. This includes making adjustments or changes for people who have a disability or long-term health condition.
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
This Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is covered by the Code of Practice on the English language fluency for public sector workers
Please note we will communicate any interview arrangements with you via email, so please check your email (including Spam/Junk) and WMJobs account on a regular basis after submitting your application.
This vacancy and advert will be closed as soon as sufficient applications are received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible.
Job Description & Person Specification.doc