A new permanent opportunity has arisen within the Payroll Department, based at Malvern Fire Station WR14 1TD.
This post will be the Authority’s key expert for the Firefighters’ Pension Schemes and will be responsible for managing the contract between the Authority and the Pension Administration Services provider.
It will co-ordinate the delivery of an efficient and effective service to all members, or potential members, of the Firefighters Pension Schemes and also support the Pension Board sufficiently to assist them fulfill their legal obligations effectively.
Key Requirements & Experience
The applicant must have:
- GCSE’s at grade 4 or above to include English and Math’s, or equivalent qualifications
- Be able to provide evidence of continual professional development
- Significant knowledge and experience of the Firefighters’ Pension Schemes
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken
- Experience of interpreting complex legislative information into a useable format
- Good presentation skills
- An analytical, methodical approach to working
Every day we're helping to save lives and keep the community safe - and not only by fighting fires. Behind the scenes at Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service, there are lots of other roles that people don't see, helping to provide vital functions to keep us an efficient and effective Fire and Rescue Service.
Reasons to Join Us
- Access to a local government pension scheme.
- Flexi-time scheme allowing you to have an element of flexibility over your working hours.
- Free car parking
A full job description and person specification can be found in the below attachments. If you would like any further information about the role, please contact Director of Finance Martin Reohorn on 07920 503029. Salary: £23,866 – £25,463 per annum.
Closing date for applications is midday Sunday 16 September 2018.Supporting documents
Pension Officer Job Description
Candidate Guidance Notes