Catering Manager (North and South Solihull)
Hours: 37.0 Hours per Week
We have an excellent opportunity for two talented and proactive Catering Managers to join our Catering Team, working at our Eating Place Cafés within leisure centres in North and South Solihull.
You will manage, motivate and develop a medium sized catering team, and be responsible for delivering a healthy, cost effective, high quality service to customers and clients.
- Be responsible for the creation and implementation of innovative, healthy menu plans, ensuring a high standard of food presentation and quality.
- Maintain financial control of the budget, creating a platform for financial growth via cost control and good working practice.
- Ensure our requirements under COSHH, Food Safety, H&S and other legal and environmental regulations are met, providing a duty of care to customers and colleagues.
You will have:
- A City and Guilds 706 1/2 or NVQ Level 2 in Catering for the Hospitality Industry qualification
- A proven background of managing and leading a catering team including responsibility for staff, stock and budgeting.
- Experience working within a commercial environment
- Excellent communication skills and a sound working knowledge of IT.
You will need to be flexible towards your working hours and have a positive attitude to change; this position is rostered to work 5 days over a 7 day shift pattern.
In return we can offer:
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme – a 24 hour independent, free and confidential advice and support service
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Employee benefits including a staff discount card
Please contact Charlotte Kiely for an informal discussion on 0121 704 6623 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we do not accept CVs.
Interview Dates - 1st / 2nd October 2018
Previous applicants need not apply.
The Fluency Duty is outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers. The Fluency Duty for this role is Required.
This post requires the following Disclosure and Barring check: Not required.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.