Senior Surveyor (Building Control)
The South Worcestershire Building Control Partnership is a forward thinking, customer focussed Building Control Service dealing with all aspects of the Building Regulations, including the examination of full plans/building notice applications, site inspections, dangerous structures, unauthorised and regularisation applications and enforcement duties as and when required. We deal with a wide range of interesting development proposals across south Worcestershire for Malvern Hills District Council, Wychavon District Council and Worcester City Council.
37 hours per week
Salary from £36,153 - £39,961
This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified and experienced surveyor to join a professional team with the reputation for delivering a high quality service across South Worcestershire.
As one of two team leaders, you will be jointly responsible for the day to day operation of the service. You will be a senior member of the team of Building Inspectors maintaining a caseload of applications for Building Regulations approval, including some complex and challenging projects. You will be expected to proactively seek opportunities to promote our Building Control service and increase market share. You will manage relationships between the Council and developers on a range of development proposals, providing an efficient and effective building control service and representing the service on a wide range of projects.
We require an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, who can demonstrate a capacity and enthusiasm for hard work. You will be required to liaise with members of the public or their agents, so will need to be comfortable working away from the office and be confident when dealing with customers. You will be working in a flexible office environment. You will be based in Great Malvern but may be required to also work from Pershore and/ or Worcester City. You will need to have good organisational and administrative skills and an ability to use computers for recording and retrieving information.
The post holder will be required to respond to reports of dangerous structures, will need a full driving licence and access to a car.
So if you are self-motivated, customer focused and committed to providing a high quality Building Control service and would like to unlock your full potential, you can not do better than come to the South Worcestershire Building Control Partnership.
- Fully qualified to RICS, CABE or equivalent.
- Driving licence and use of a car for business or fully mobile with access to transport.
- Ability to undertake site visits in both urban and rural parts of south Worcestershire, which may involve activities such as climbing ladders/operating in confined spaces.
- Totally committed to customer care.
- Full range of experience in the construction industry.
- Experience and demonstrable knowledge of building legislation and other linked legislation.
- Proven ability to successfully supervise and monitor staff performance
- Building Control experience which includes plan checking, site inspections, dangerous structures and demolition.
- Experience/knowledge of Building Control systems and procedures.
- Team worker with ability to work on own initiative.
- Computer literate and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Well organised and ability to handle a variety of tasks at any time.
- Ability to positively respond to change and seek new and improved ways of working.
Location: Although the main base is Great Malvern, the successful applicant will be expected to operate on a mobile basis from other offices in Worcester and Pershore, depending on the operational needs of the shared service. Further information will be given at the interview.
If you would like an informal discussion about this opportunity, please contact Dave Burr, Senior Surveyor on 01684 862328 or Duncan Rudge, Development Control Manager on 01684 862318
Closing Date: Sunday 23 September 2018
Interview Date: Wednesday 3 October 2018Supporting documents
Job Description and Person Specification