Development Officer - Conservation and Historic Environment
£28221.00 - £41846.00 p.a. Incremental progression is dependent on performance.
37.0 Hours per Week
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, highly motivated and committed Conservation Officer within the Planning Design and Engagement Services of Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council.
You will join our friendly, professional multi-disciplinary team of development officers leading on Conservation of the Historic Environment, Landscape Architecture, Urban Design and Ecology (CLAUDE), at the Council House in Solihull.
With over 380 listed buildings and 20 Conservation Areas the historic environment is a key part of Solihull’s character and distinctiveness. The CLAUDE team leads on securing high quality design and place making by advising on conservation of the historic environment, landscape architecture, ecology and urban design, promoting the value and interrelationship of the natural, built and historic environments and the long lasting legacy of sustainable development.
With a degree level qualification in Town and Country Planning, you will have:
- Significant experience of development management in relation to heritage assets, especially listed buildings and conservation areas
- Effective communication skills, with a proven ability to build effective relationships with partners and key stakeholders.
- A broad knowledge of the historic environment including architectural styles and building construction.
In return we can offer:
- Flexible working, including flexi leave up to 24 days per year and agile working arrangements
- The opportunity to buy up to 10 days additional leave per year
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme – a 24 hour independent, free and confidential advice and support service
Interested? Don’t hesitate to get in touch – we’d love to hear from you. For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Mike Eastwood on 0121 704 6391, email firstname.lastname@example.org or Martin Saunders on 0121 704 6370, email email@example.com We look forward to hearing from you.
Interview date: w/c 1 October 2018
The Fluency Duty is outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers. The Fluency Duty for this role is Required.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.