Community Powered Advocacy Worker
4 days left
JOB TITLE: Community-Powered Advocacy Worker
Would you like to be part of a fresh and innovative advocacy service in Warwickshire for people often thought to be ‘hard to reach’ and ‘seldom heard’?
Working flexibly and creatively in one of three Community Powered Advocacy Worker roles*, you will be able to work confidently and effectively with a wide range of people and agencies.
You will help tackle people’s immediate problems, build their capacity to speak up for themselves and connect them to others in their community to look out for them when we’re not there.
We are looking for values first, then competency, then experience. Interested in enabling disadvantaged people to aim higher and reach their goals? Click for more information.
*(1 x 37 hours and 2 x 22.5 hours per week).
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The overall objective of the job is to help vulnerable people to resolve problems using a combination of advocacy and building their community connections.
The specific purpose of the job is to
- Support vulnerable people to have a stronger voice in their lives
- Resolve specific advocacy issues people are facing
- Help prevent these issues from reoccurring
- creating sustainable and meaningful connections for vulnerable people
- Refine and develop the service to create as streamlined model for future delivery
Reports To: Grapevine Manager
Responsible For: the delivery of the service as part of a team of three
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support people to participate fully in meetings and conversations with relevant people
- Nurture and grow connections to other people within communities that can help in the future.
- Seek out a broad range of people seen as being ‘on the edge of care’. The definition can include people experiencing disability, mental ill health as well as older people
- Provide feedback about delivery and work to improve the service
- Be able to reflect upon your work within a culture of continuous improvement.
- Build relationships with referral partners and other services across Warwickshire
- Maintain work records in accordance with Grapevine systems.
- Notify her/his manager of any training needs or opportunities
- Participate in meetings of Grapevine
- Work to quality standards current in Grapevine
- Undertake any other work which the Grapevine may require in keeping with the general purposes of the job.
Please be aware there is NO ONLINE APPLICATION FORM for this job. To apply either obtain an application form via download on WMJobs or email - firstname.lastname@example.org .
All applications must be returned to email@example.com and received before the deadline.
Application deadline - Tuesday 25th September - 12pm
Shortlisting - Wednesday 26th / Thursday 27th September
Interviews - Monday 1st , Wednesday 3rd, Thursday 4th October