Come and join us in the UK’s 2021 City of Culture, Coventry. Like the City, we are a positive, dynamic and creative team, looking to extend our traded offer. We have excellent partnerships with schools and are highly valued by the Local Authority.
If you are an Educational Psychologist, or a Trainee Psychologist in your final year of training and you:
• enjoy using consultation and solution focussed approaches to improve outcomes for children, young people and families;
• recognise the importance of monitoring progress toward jointly-agreed outcomes;
• have an interest in applying cutting-edge research;
• have a desire to effect change by working within and across whole school systems, and
• would like to work for a forward-thinking council, within which the views of psychologists are respected and applied,
Then we’d love to hear from you, In return, we can offer:
• a varied and inclusive programme of research opportunities, which have, in recent years included approaches to support over-active learners without recourse to medication; developing systemic approaches to positive psychology and working creatively with primary school teachers to improve children’s spelling skills;
• a strong and committed team with a vibrant mix of Qualified, Trainee and Assistant EPs, Complex Communication Specialists and a Clinical Psychologist;
• support from an excellent business services team and access to top quality technology, including the latest iPads, touch screen laptops and mobile phones;
• a high quality supervision and CPD offer, including monthly in service training, and the possibility of undertaking longer-term qualifications, for example in VIG and independently research; and
• a range of employee benefits including access to the highly regarded Local Government Pension Scheme;
For an informal conversation, please contact Dr James Gillum, Principal Educational Psychologist, Dr Juliet Whitehead or Subhadra Telfer, Assistant PEPs. Further details of the post can be found on our website at www.coventry.gov.uk
37 hours per week
18 October 2018
An excellent pension scheme, childcare vouchers, 'MyCar' scheme, interest-free loans on annual travel cards, discounts at a number of city centre restaurants, shops and other establishments.
Coventry City Council is committed to delivering the best possible services and improving the quality of life for Coventry people. In order to do this effectively we aim to have a workforce that represents the diverse communities we serve, embracing and utilising the broad range of skills, experiences and perspectives this brings.
We are committed to making our recruitment practices as inclusive as possible for all. This includes making adjustments or changes for people who have a disability or long-term health condition
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
This Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is covered by the Code of Practice on the English language fluency for public sector workers
Please note we will communicate any interview arrangements with you via email, so please check your email (including Spam/Junk) and WMJobs account on a regular basis after submitting your application.
Job Description and Person Specification.pdf