Robotic Process Automation Developer
Grade: Band D
Salary: £27,795 to £38,925
Closing Date: 7th August 2018
12 Month Fixed Term Contract
West Midlands Police are looking for two Robotic Process Automation (RPA) developers to join a new Centre for Applied Automation within the IT & Digital department.
Join our team and be at the heart of UK Policing’s most ambitious technology transformation - use your skills in RPA development to improve the way the force operates enabling us to provide improved efficiency and a better service to our community.
West Midlands Police is undertaking a period of unparalleled change and innovation; The Centre for Applied Automation will design and build automation workflows and AI solutions to assist in many areas of the force.
As a RPA developer you will be responsible for the design, development and implementation of automation workflows. Documentation through change and release, and diagnosis, support and maintenance through the product life cycle.
We would welcome application from candidates with:
- An interest and knowledge of the theory behind automation techniques, RPA software and Artificial Intelligence.
- Experience of the whole product life cycle, encompassing development, testing & support
- An awareness of change impact and the effect on the ability to automate or the need to update existing automations.
- An understanding of industry standard approaches to Exceptions and Error handling
- Experience of documenting solutions and system dependencies.
- Excellent communication skills with business, IT & Digital, and vendor stakeholders
- Ability to work across all levels of the IT & Digital technical delivery life cycle
- A broad experience in supporting or developing across a diverse tech stack including browser based applications, java clients, and thick clients underpinned by both SQL Server and Oracle databases.
- At least one year commercial experience
Training in the specific RPA product used will be provided to the successful candidates
Working within the IT & Digital Team can be rewarding; we offer the opportunity to work in a large organisation where people can develop their skills, knowledge and careers in an encouraging and flexible environment. Our benefits include:
- 28 days (plus bank holidays) with the option to purchase additional days
- access to a Corporate Health Cash Plan and wellbeing website
- modern working environment in central Birmingham
- opportunity to save on travel costs through a Corporate Travel Scheme
The community we serve within the West Midlands is fantastically diverse. West Midlands Police is an equal opportunities employer, meaning we value diversity and shape our workforce to best match and reflect the people we serve. You will be part of an already incredibly diverse and balanced team in terms of skill sets, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability status and ethnic background. The strong team ethos helps us deliver on our departmental mission statement in "Enabling WMP to serve our communities through innovative and empowering technology."
Knowledge and experience in the following is desirable:
- NICE or similar RPA stack
- C# or similar structured language
- Consumption and interaction with web services
- Applications running within Microsoft App-V
Exceptional CS graduates with a year in industry as part of their degree may be considered.