Bromsgrove District Council
Information Officer (Development Management)
£17,391 - £18,672 per annum (pro rata)
Full time: 37 hours per week
The role is ideally suited as a Job Share opportunity and candidates are welcome to apply on this basis
Who are we?
Bromsgrove District Council and Redditch Borough Councils are neighbouring Authorities in north Worcestershire. The Development Management team is a shared planning service between the two Authorities, with Bromsgrove District Council as the host. The post is primarily based in Redditch.
What do we want you to do?
Provide administrative support to the Development Management function, primarily responding to personal search requests and enquiries for planning information from Solicitors. The role also includes carrying out planning history searches for external bodies, responding to requests for copies of planning Decision Notices and associated Legal Agreements and accurately inputting and capturing data in connection with the Council’s internal planning database system.
Why should you join us?
This is an exciting opportunity to join a team that consistently delivers high quality development and outstanding standards of customer service.
We also offer the following benefits:
• Free and secure staff parking at both the Redditch and Bromsgrove headquarters
• Smart, modern offices in Redditch Town Centre located within walking distance to bus and train stations and major retailers
• Opportunity to undertake home working, with supplied IT equipment and dedicated IT assistance
• 23 days annual leave rising to 28 after five years local government service plus statutory holidays and one fixed day per annum
• Flexible working hours and the operation of a flexi-system of up to 2 days off per months
• Concessionary rates for the use of leisure facilities in Bromsgrove and Redditch
• Generous Local Government Pension Scheme
• Use of 24 hour employee assistance programme offering free legal and personal advice
• Childcare voucher scheme
Want more information?
Please contact Dale Birch, Development Management Manager, on 01527 881341 or email email@example.com.
The closing date for the receipt of completed applications is midnight on Monday 24 September 2018. The interviews will be held on Monday 1 October 2018 (alternative dates can be made available if requested).
To apply please select the "apply" tab below. If you experience any difficulties applying online, please contact our recruitment line on (01527) 534117. CV's will not be accepted.
If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, you should assume that your application was not successful on this occasion.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all Sections of the Community
For a full list of all our current vacancies why not visit www.wmjobs.co.uk go to Our Employers tab and select Bromsgrove & Redditch Councils
Job Description and Person Spec