Finance and Payroll Officer
25.0 Hours per Week
Scale: G £13,879 (Actual Salary)
- Support the MAT Secondary Finance Manager in all aspects of financial management and internal controls.
- Undertake the school’s payroll preparation, monitor the payment of salaries by the payroll provider, and liaise with third party providers: TPS; LGPS etc as required. Provide analysis of payroll as required.
- Manage and maintain the school’s Asset Register
- Manage the school’s Contract Register, ensuring it is maintained and timely notifications are given to relevant staff of renewal dates etc
- Be responsible for all elements of cash handling including collections and disbursements, banking and security, fundraising and school trips.
- Be responsible for the placement of orders ensuring they are processed through the school’s computerised finance administration package. Scrutinise, in conjunction with the nominated staff members, and attend to, the payment of all invoices and statements of account.
- Be responsible for all Accounts Receivable, ensuring follow up of prompt payments etc.
- Assist in the preparation of the school’s annual budget
- Provide budget holders with monthly updates of their accounts and advise them on matters relating to their budget/s.
- Assist in the process of monitoring income and expenditure in relation to the school’s budget and produce monthly reports as required.
- Participate, if required, in the school’s interoperability program
- Participate in the school’s line management and appraisal process
- Perform any other reasonable tasks within the range of the salary grade
The successful candidate will have a passion for Finance and:
- Be experienced in a financial setting and understand basic principles of accounting
- Have a keen eye for detail, be highly organised and able to adhere to tight deadlines
- Be able to work using own initiative and be a team player
- Preferably have school finance experience
Please see the job description and specification for further details.
Additional Information & How to Apply
Southam College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
The College prospectus and further information can be found on the College website www.southamcollege.com.
Completed applications should be sent to the College address or email email@example.com marked confidential.
Closing Date: 18th September 2018Supporting documents
Job Description and Person Specification