Teaching Assistant - Millfield Primary School
Required from 5th November 2018
Teaching assistant (five days a week – 30 hours (fixed term until 31st August 2019)
£16,863 - £17,391 pro rata per annum
The Governing Body of Millfield Primary School is seeking to appoint initially to support in Year 2.
Under the direction of teaching staff provide specific support in the care and development of pupils and the management of the classroom. This posts will involve some specific one to one work to support children with additional learning and behavioural needs.
Duties include: providing support to pupils in relation to their individual abilities, providing structured support to specific work programmes, support pupils in relation to their individual needs e.g. behaviour strategies, supervise pupils in a curricular activity, contribute to curriculum planning, evaluation and implementation, co-ordinate pupils attending extra-curricular activities. Provide support to teachers within the curriculum area.
The successful candidate must:
- Be an experienced, enthusiastic and imaginative teaching assistant who is knowledgeable about the primary curriculum.
- Be able to demonstrate experience of supporting class teachers with the delivery of the curriculum and pastoral care.
- Have high standards of English and Mathematics.
- Have a positive attitude with excellent communication skills.
- Have high expectations of children's achievements and behaviour.
- Be able to demonstrate a strong ability to demonstrate their own initiative, build good relationships with pupils and establish positive behaviours for learning.
Visits to the school are encouraged and appointments to tour the school on Wednesday 19th September can be made through the school office.
If you are interested in applying for this important position at our school, please complete the application form and return it to school by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 1st October at midday, along with a supporting letter detailing relevant experience and why you would be suitable for the post.
Interviews to take place on Wednesday 3rd October
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure & Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose all criminal convictions.
Mr. S. Kelly
Head teacher – Millfield Primary School