School Crossing Patrol
We provide school crossing patrols across Warwickshire who help children and adults safely cross on their way to and from school.
6.5 Hours per Week
Hours are during school run times. (usually covering 8:30am - 9am and 3pm - 3:30pm)
£8.61 per hour plus holiday enhancement.
Term time only staff required for the below locations:
Paddox Primary - Rugby
Woodloes - Warwick
Our Lady St Teresa - Cubbington
Birchwood Primary - Dordon
Clifton on Dunsmore - Rugby
Abbots Farm - Rugby
Thomas Jolyffe - Stratford
Relief cover needed in these locations:
Kenilworth, Nuneaton, Bedworth, Leamington, Rugby and Kingsbury.
Risk-assess the site before every duty.
• Maintain control over children / adults who are waiting to cross.
• Instruct children / adults as to when it is safe to cross the road.
• Assess the speed and flow of traffic.
• Make a judgement as to when it is safe to stop the traffic.
• Operate within national and local guidelines as identified in the School Crossing Patrol Handbook.
• To report any incidents / issues to the supervisor
Key Requirements - Essential Criteria
• Effective verbal communication skills
• Ability to work without supervision
• Road user skills
• Be prepared to work in all weather conditions
• Demonstrate good community spirit
• Agile and mobile
• Previous experience of working with children
Additional Information & How to Apply
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
For further information please see the attached Job Description & Person Specification.
Contact Details For Enquiries: Dawn or Jemma, 01926 412661, email@example.com
Please complete the application form attached. Alternatively you can contact us for one.
Phone 01926 412661
Completed Applications: Emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Warwickshire County Council
Closing Date: 13th December 2018
Please note, CV’s should not been submitted unless asked to do so.
If you are unable to access the application form please contact the Recruitment Centre on email@example.com, including your contact details.
Rewards & Benefits of working for Warwickshire
Time to recharge is so important; we provide a generous holiday allowance which rises as you remain in employment with us. You get all Bank and public holidays off, plus all staff are given an extra day of holiday over Christmas.
As if that wasn’t enough, you’ll also have access to membership of the Local Government contributory pension scheme, childcare vouchers, a host of enhanced family friendly policies and some of the very best Learning and Development training courses to support your ongoing development.
We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce.Supporting documents