Tutor - Business Administration/Leadership & Management
Are you an experienced tutor/assessor for business administration or leadership & management? Do you want to work full time or part time with a team of enthusiastic staff who deliver a high achieving apprenticeship programme?
• You will deliver Business Administration at various levels (2, 3 and 4) to workbased and class based apprentices.
• You will deliver Leadership and Management qualifications to work based and class based apprentices at level 3 and/or 5.
• You will deliver bespoke Business Administration and Leadership & Management courses to clients on our work-based programmes
• Substantial experience of teaching Business Administration at various levels
• Previous experience of delivering Business Administration to apprentices is desirable.
• Previous experience of teaching Leadership and Management
• Previous experience of teaching Functional Skills ICT at L1 and L2, is desirable but not essential
• Experience in developing and using innovative approaches, including technology, to support teaching and learning
• Essential - A level 4 teaching qualification, a relevant level 3 (minimum) subject qualification in Business Administration or Leadership and Management, a L2 qualification in both Maths and English. Desirable - an assessor or IQA qualification
The Adult Education Service offers citywide programmes both accredited and non accredited, with a focus on improving the skills of Coventry and Warwickshire residents. Within accredited learning there is a substantial workplace programme that includes apprenticeships and study programmes for young people, as well as work based learning programmes. The apprenticeship provision currently includes Business Administration, Customer Service, Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools, Children and Young People’s Workforce, Early Years Educator, Leadership and Management. The team are enthusiastic and committed to delivering a quality service to our clients.
Full time 37 hours per week – part time or job share considered
Thursday 3rd January 2019
In return, we can offer you an excellent pension scheme, flexible working, 'MyCar' scheme, interest-free loans on annual travel cards, discounts at a number of city centre restaurants, shops and other establishments.
Coventry City Council is committed to delivering the best possible services and improving the quality of life for Coventry people. In order to do this effectively we aim to have a workforce that represents the diverse communities we serve, embracing and utilising the broad range of skills, experiences and perspectives this brings.
We are committed to making our recruitment practices as inclusive as possible for all. This includes making adjustments or changes for people who have a disability or long-term health condition
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
This Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is covered by the Code of Practice on the English language fluency for public sector workers.
When recruiting we review candidates against our Behaviour Framework . To find out more information about the Behaviour Framework please click here
Please note we will communicate any interview arrangements with you via email, so please check your email (including Spam/Junk) and WMJobs account on a regular basis after submitting your application.
Job Description and Person Specification.pdf