Tutor - Work based Learning
You will be joining a growing team of enthusiastic staff who continue to develop successful work place programmes for Adult Education. These include a high achieving apprenticeship programme, an innovative study programme and recently successful European funded training programmes.
• You will be responsible for delivering Business Administration at various levels to work based and class based apprentices.
• You will be responsible for delivering Leadership and Management qualifications to work based and class based apprentices.
• You will be responsible for delivering bespoke Business Administration and Leadership & Management courses to clients on our workbased programmes
• Substantial experience of teaching Business Administration at various levels
• Previous experience of delivering Business Administration to apprentices is desirable.
• Previous experience of teaching Leadership and Management
• Previous experience of teaching Functional Skills ICT at L1 and L2, desirable
• Experience in developing and using innovative approaches, including technology, to support teaching and learning
• You will need to have a level 4 teaching qualification, a relevant level 3 (minimum) subject qualification in Business Administration or Leadership and Management and a L2 qualification in both Maths and English
The Adult Education Service offers citywide programmes both accredited and non accredited, with a focus on improving the skills of Coventry and Warwickshire residents. Within accredited learning there is a substantial workplace programme that includes apprenticeships and study programmes for young people, as well as work based learning programmes. The apprenticeship provision currently includes Business Administration, Customer Service, Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools, Children and Young People’s Workforce, Early Years Educator, Leadership and Management. The team are enthusiastic and committed to delivering a quality service to our clients.
In return, we can offer you working arrangements that will enhance your work-life balance. These include a generous holiday allowance of 55 days including bank holidays which can be taken throughout the year, to meet service need. In addition, we offer a range of staff benefits such as membership of the Teachers Pension contributory pension scheme, childcare vouchers, 'MyCar' scheme etc
37 hours - Term Time Only
9 October 2018
In return, we can offer you an excellent pension scheme, childcare vouchers, 'MyCar' scheme, interest-free loans on annual travel cards, discounts at a number of city centre restaurants, shops and other establishments.
Coventry City Council is committed to delivering the best possible services and improving the quality of life for Coventry people. In order to do this effectively we aim to have a workforce that represents the diverse communities we serve, embracing and utilising the broad range of skills, experiences and perspectives this brings.
We are committed to making our recruitment practices as inclusive as possible for all. This includes making adjustments or changes for people who have a disability or long-term health condition
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
This Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is covered by the Code of Practice on the English language fluency for public sector workers
Please note we will communicate any interview arrangements with you via email, so please check your email (including Spam/Junk) and WMJobs account on a regular basis after submitting your application.
Job Description and Person Specification.pdf