Deputy Headteacher - Templars
Are you our new Deputy Headteacher?
Following the promotion of the previous post holder to Headship we have an opportunity for a new non-teaching Deputy Headteacher to help provide inspirational and motivational leadership across the school.
Templars is a large, diverse, inclusive school rooted in the local community. Our last OFSTED Inspection in 2007 confirmed that Templars is a ‘good’ school and we have clear ambitions and intentions to improve further. The team at Templars Primary School are passionate about ensuring that the school is a special place that pupils enjoy coming to every single day. We have the highest aspirations for all our pupils and this is reflected in our school motto - ‘Every child, every day, every chance’.
We are absolutely committed to providing the very best education for our children, and the best workplace for our staff and we are seeking to appoint a strong candidate to this role who has the right skill set, values and attributes. You should share an unswerving commitment to raising standards across all areas of the school for all groups of children and be able to deliver on the full brief of a Deputy Headteacher.
As our new Deputy Headteacher you will:
• Be passionate about children’s learning and determined to see that all children are inspired, nurtured and enabled to succeed with enjoyment and enthusiasm;
• Promote a relentless focus on the quality of education and delivery of a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum that meets the needs of our children and produces positive outcomes;
• Ensure the school has effective management and the required team capability to further develop and continually improve.
• Have a track record to date that clearly evidences the impact that you have had as a senior leader in shaping whole school culture, as well as in continually raising achievement.
• Be expected to readily build excellent relationships with staff, pupils and their families in order to ensure that they thrive and achieve.
We can offer the right person
• The opportunity to work with friendly and caring children who are energetic, enthusiastic and a pleasure to teach;
• A team of skilled, committed and motivated staff supported by an active Board of Governors;
• A school where everyone is valued;
• A genuine opportunity for shared leadership and professional development;
• A commitment to your health and well-being.
Visits to meet the children and staff are warmly welcomed and strongly encouraged. To arrange a visit please contact us on 02476 466337
Application forms and further particulars are available from our school website:
www.templars.coventry.sch.uk please return to School either by post or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 5th October 2018
Interview dates: Tuesday 16th October 2018
Start Date: January 2019
This post is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such an appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Job Description and Person Specification.pdf