Programme Officer - Health Protection
Coventry City Council’s Public Health Team is looking to appoint a Programme Officer to work as part of the Public Health Health Protection team. The team delivers the local authority’s statutory health protection duties and programmes related to communicable disease, environmental hazard control and public health emergency planning.
The team is leading on programmes of work across Coventry and Warwickshire related to:
• Communicable Disease Control – including TB, blood-borne virus control, antimicrobial resistance/infection control, screening and immunisation programme assurance/promotion, sexual health
• Environmental Hazards – including fuel poverty, air quality, and oral health
• Emergency Planning – including outbreak/pandemic flu planning and response, local health resilience, and extremes of weather
The role will support the Programme Manager to deliver a number of strategic, reactive, campaign and commissioning responsibilities, including joint programmes with Warwickshire County Council. The role will require strong partnership working with partners across Coventry and Warwickshire.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have strong programme/project management skills and have experience of working collaboratively with staff across a range of organisations to develop joint solutions to complex problems.
- Have a track record in problem solving, evaluation and data analysis to support the development and deliver of health protection programmes.
- Be a strong communicator, able to explain and present complex information to a wide range of audiences, including large multi-agency partnership groups, as well as designing and deliver public communication campaigns.
Keen to join the team? Please complete an application form, tell us about your previous experience and where you have used your skills to make a difference.
In return, we can offer you flexible working arrangements that will enhance your work-life balance. These include working from home (subject to project/service area requirements), flexible working hours, generous holiday allowance (starting at 35 days including bank holidays). In addition, we offer a range of staff benefits such as membership of the Local Government contributory pension scheme, childcare vouchers, 'MyCar' scheme and interest-free loans on annual travel cards.
For an informal chat about the role please call Nadia Inglis on 07980501941.
22.5 hours per week - Salary - £30,756 - £37,107 pro rata per annum
4 October 2018
Coventry City Council is committed to delivering the best possible services and improving the quality of life for Coventry people. In order to do this effectively we aim to have a workforce that represents the diverse communities we serve, embracing and utilising the broad range of skills, experiences and perspectives this brings.
We are committed to making our recruitment practices as inclusive as possible for all. This includes making adjustments or changes for people who have a disability or long-term health condition.
This Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is covered by the Code of Practice on the English language fluency for public sector workers.
Please note we will communicate any interview arrangements with you via email, so please check your email and WMJobs account on a regular basis after submitting your application.
Job Description and Person Specification.pdf