Chief Executive (Arts / Education)
1 day left
Chief Executive (Arts / Education)
Severn Arts works with schools, pupils and people of all ages across the region to deliver and support high quality music and arts provision. With grant funding from Arts Council England, Severn Arts is the Lead organisation of the Worcestershire Music Education Hub, as well as being contracted to provide the County Arts service on behalf of Worcestershire County Council
Position: Chief Executive
Location: Worcester, West Midlands
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £55,000 to £65,000 per annum
Closing date: 4pm on Wednesday 26th September 2018
Interview dates: Thursday 11th and Thursday 18th October (You will need to be free on both dates)
About the role:
This is an exciting time to join Severn Arts during a period of great change for the organisation, having recently established itself as an independent charitable company. The Chief Executive is the lead senior executive within the Severn Arts Company and through working closely with the Board of Trustees is responsible for setting and implementing the vision, values and culture of the organisation.
They will take overall responsibility for all aspects of Company business, managing staff, implementing agreed strategies and business plans as well as leading the development and maintenance of positive relationships with the full range of external partners.
Essential Skills / Experience:
- Degree or equivalent experience in relevant subject area e.g. music, arts, education
- Evidence of ongoing professional development.
- Knowledge of that which constitutes high quality teaching and learning in an arts context
- Knowledge of current national debates, policy development and discussion in music education and the arts
- Performing a strategic leadership and management role within a relevant sector e.g. arts or education
- Successful partnership working within the arts
- Effective budget management, identifying and securing relevant fundraising opportunities
- Managing and influencing change in a complex environment
- Developing, setting and monitoring Key Performance Indicators
- Developing and presenting reports to a governing body, such as a Board of Trustees / Directors.
- Safeguarding policies and practice, developing and implementing inclusion strategies and plans
- Using appropriate IT skills for the current climate
- Able to commit to a flexible work schedule involving evening and weekend work
- Ability to travel to locations across the county and beyond
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Management or business qualification
- Performing a leadership role within the social sector e.g. charitable, not for profit etc.
- Working at a strategic level with the Arts Council
Severn Arts is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. An enhanced DBS check with barred list checks will be required for this post.
You may have experience of the following: Chief Executive, CEO, Chief Executive Officer, Commercial Director, Operations Manager, Business Manager, Project Manager, Project Management, Programme Manager, Programme Management, etc.
For the full Job Description and Person Specification visit the Severn Arts website by clicking the Apply button.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.