Receptionist (Part Time)
Job Title: Receptionist
Salary: Level 3 SCP 10-13 (£8242 - £8337 Actual)
Hours of work: 21.25 hours per week/Term time only. 12.15pm-4.30pm Wed, 7.45-4.30pm Thurs-Fri.
Key Duties & Accountabilities:
- To act as receptionist.
- To carry out general administrative duties including word processing/filing.
- To assist in other administrative areas as and when required.
- To seek ways of improving quality in all aspects of the work.
Duties associated with Core Tasks
1. i To act as first point of contact for visitors to the school and those making contact by
ii To receive, sign for, sort and distribute post coming into the school.
iii To ensure that all telephone, school email and fax messages are recorded, including student absences and lates and pass messages on to the appropriate person.
iv To attend to minor student illnesses and injuries.
v To ensure that all visitors are signed in and issued with a visitor’s pass.
vi To check that students signing out have permission to do so.
vii To attend to enquiries from students and staff.
2. i To carry out typing/inputting duties as allocated by Office Manager.
ii To access student records and respond to queries.
iii To assist with the filing of school reports, absence reports etc.
3. i To deputise for other administrative staff in their absence when required.
ii To take part in INSET both to improve your own skills and to work with colleagues to improve administration.
4. To report to Office Manager any problems with processes she is responsible for and to suggest improvements.
5. Any other administrative duties commensurate with the grade of the post as directed by the Headteacher.
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post. Job descriptions should be regularly reviewed to ensure they are an accurate representation of the post.