Trainee Audit Assistant
Our Internal Audit service provides an independent review and assurance function across the Authority. We have an opportunity for an enthusiastic and dedicated individual to join our internal audit team. In this role, you will develop your skills whilst obtaining your AAT qualification.
As a Trainee Audit Assistant, you will support the team in the delivery of a range of internal audits across the Council, in line with the Annual Audit Plan and also any ad-hoc tasks required by the Principal Auditor/ Audit Manager. Audits will include working with colleagues throughout the audit lifecycle to deliver an accurate assessment and reporting of the effectiveness of the management of risk, mitigating controls and supporting processes across the area being audited. The role will also involve engaging with members of the business to identify opportunities for improvement in those processes and controls.
What qualities do we ask you to have?
- A minimum of 5 GCSE's A-C including Mathematics and English Language
- An enquiring mind
- Strong analytical and organisation skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong communication and other interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and also able to work in a team
- Competence in the use of MS Office
- Willingness and commitment to undertake training as necessary to qualify as an Accounting Technician (AAT)
This is a career graded post, so the successful candidate will be assessed against the criteria detailed in the job description and person specification.
For an informal discussion about this vacancy please contact Alison Swift, Principal Auditor on 01543 308033 or email: email@example.comSupporting documents
Trainee Audit Assistant - Job Description & Person Specification