Supervising Social Worker
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced social worker to join a professional team at a specialist fostering service for children who have a disability.
As a field-based Social Worker you will be based mostly from your home office and will be expected to regularly travel to our Midlands Regional Office in Nuneaton, Warwickshire. You will be responsible for supporting and supervising an enthusiastic group of foster carers, their placements and support workers in the West Midlands and the surrounding areas.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Managing resources in an allocated area
- Ensuring that we provide quality and professional services
- Making placements in response to referrals from Local Authorities
The ideal candidate will :
- Have recent experience in fostering.
- Have knowledge of working with children with disabilities.
- Be a strong communicator, both written and verbal, have good IT skills and be flexible and able to travel throughout the area.
- Be registered with HCPC with at least 12 months’ experience in a childcare setting.
- Be able to work flexibly as part of a small team and want the opportunity to provide a quality service to our children, their foster carers and support workers across the West Midlands.
In return you will benefit from:
- Being part of a friendly and supportive team.
- Agile working conditions that enable the needs of our foster carers, and the children in their care, to be met.
- Excellent training opportunities and supervision.
- 25 days’ annual leave.
- A low caseload of carers (and their support workers) compared to mainstream fostering.
- Additional employee benefits package including pension, Simply Health Cash Plan and Perkbox membership.
Full Driving Licence and access to car is essential.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £31,000.00 to £36,000.00 /year